Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the fourth beta of an upcoming watchOS 6.1.1 update to developers for testing purposes, two weeks after seeding the third beta and more than a month after releasing the watchOS 6.1 update.

Once the proper configuration profile has been installed from the Apple Developer Center, the new watchOS beta can be downloaded through the dedicated ??Apple Watch?? app on the iPhone by going to General > Software Update.

watchos6ewatchfaces-800x442.jpg

To install the update, the ??Apple Watch?? needs to have at least 50 percent battery, it must be placed on the charger, and it has to be in range of the iPhone.

watchOS 6.1.1 appears to be a minor update focusing on performance improvements and bug fixes that weren't able to be addressed in watchOS 6.1.

No new features were found in the first three betas of watchOS 6.1.1, but we'll update this article should new features be found in the fourth beta.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Fourth Beta of watchOS 6.1.1 to Developers

Reactions: ferretex

BaggieBoy

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2012
UK
This is the first install that's gone strange. All went normally to the point where the watch restarted after the installation and got a message on the watch saying "Update Complete", however the phone still says "Installing...".

Update: Had to restart the phone and initially it still said "Installing..." but after 10 seconds or so completed.

Last edited:

ruslansv

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2019
It’s satire. Someone always posts something about battery life when the beta has been out for only like an hour or so.

On the serious note - according to feedback assistant none of the battery drain issues that seem to be health database / sqlite related I've reported (and that show > 10 - which means widespread with other users) appear to be fixed as they're still listed Open. I suspect major underlaying architecture issues there they simply choose to ignore at this point.

xpxp2002

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2016
Any fixes for HomeKit camera issues? They half-fixed it in 6.0, but some devices still won’t stream video.

rbart

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2013
France
On the serious note - according to feedback assistant none of the battery drain issues that seem to be health database / sqlite related I've reported (and that show > 10 - which means widespread with other users) appear to be fixed as they're still listed Open. I suspect major underlaying architecture issues there they simply choose to ignore at this point.
Where do you find open/close bug list ?
It's for developers only ?

H.Finch

Cancelled
Jun 9, 2013
I hope this fixes what the current WatchOS did to my Series 1... Simply checking off an item in reminders is now something my watch has to think about for a while... It's unbelievable.

allenvanhellen

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2015
The left watch face does not exist, correct? Numerals Duo always makes two different shades of a color, no?

ruslansv

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2019
Where do you find open/close bug list ?
It's for developers only ?

There's no public bug list (unfortunately Apple doesn't publish it nor do they have sensible release notes listing all the fixes - another best practice they unfortunately don't espouse to). However if you are part of their developer or public beta programs (you can sign up for the latter for free) - you can report issues through a feedback assistant and as you do so - you will see your feedback status as well as indication how many similar reports they think are there (in a very coarse granularity, "None", < 10, > 10). Hope this helps.

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
Just feels like an endless amount of updates without any changes or features ... They could at least give us a few watch faces every quarter

ruslansv

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2019
Just feels like an endless amount of updates without any changes or features ... They could at least give us a few watch faces every quarter

I just want this horrific random battery drain issues they know of to be fixed they've introduced in 5.3 or so.

Reactions: luxx80

rbart

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2013
France
There's no public bug list (unfortunately Apple doesn't publish it nor do they have sensible release notes listing all the fixes - another best practice they unfortunately don't espouse to). However if you are part of their developer or public beta programs (you can sign up for the latter for free) - you can report issues through a feedback assistant and as you do so - you will see your feedback status as well as indication how many similar reports they think are there (in a very coarse granularity, "None", < 10, > 10). Hope this helps.
Thanks
I have already seen that...

ferretex

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2015
Spain
Can anyone please provide any feedback on how this new beta is working? (Battery life, glitches, performance...?) Thank you very much in advance! I have the feeling almost no one covers these betas and their improvements (if any) Greetings.

Reactions: luxx80

Computers 4 U LLC

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2017
Kansas City
Can anyone please provide any feedback on how this new beta is working? (Battery life, glitches, performance...?) Thank you very much in advance! I have the feeling almost no one covers these betas and their improvements (if any) Greetings.

Battery life is great, I installed this latest update as soon as it came out and charged to 100%, it's now Monday morning and I am just now charging my watch, it died sometime overnight.

ferretex

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2015
Spain
Mine is a series 3 and my wife has a series 1 that she installed and charged the same day I did and hers died Sunday morning.

Mine’s a Series 5. I’m having pretty good battery life after all. The only problem is that it gets super inconsistent from time to time...

Computers 4 U LLC

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2017
Kansas City
Mine’s a Series 5. I’m having pretty good battery life after all. The only problem is that it gets super inconsistent from time to time...

I put my watch on the charger at 6 this morning and was fully charged around 8 or so, its now 1pm here and I am sitting at 97%, so I'm losing roughly 1% an hour.

ferretex

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2015
Spain
I put my watch on the charger at 6 this morning and was fully charged around 8 or so, its now 1pm here and I am sitting at 97%, so I'm losing roughly 1% an hour.

I had the same battery life on my Series 3. I guess with all the bells and whistles of the Series 5 it’s fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.