Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released the second beta of an upcoming visionOS 1.2 update to developers, allowing them to test new features ahead of the software seeing a public launch. The second visionOS 1.2 beta comes two weeks after the release the first beta.

visionOS-Home-Screen.jpg

The visionOS beta can be downloaded by going to the Settings app on the device and toggling on developer betas. A registered developer account is required, and Apple recommends making a backup before installing new software.

Apple may make further improvements to Personas, EyeSight, and other features with visionOS 1.2, but no major new additions were found in the first beta.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Second Beta of visionOS 1.2 to Developers

• Love
Reactions: SFjohn

Realityck

macrumors G4
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA
FYI To devs today
  • iOS 17.5 beta 2 (21F5058e) - April 16, 2024
  • iPadOS 17.5 beta 2 (21F5058e) - April 16, 2024
  • macOS 14.5 beta 2 (23F5059e) - April 16, 2024
  • tvOS 17.5 beta 2 (21L5553e) - April 16, 2024
  • visionOS 1.2 beta 2 (21O5565d) - April 16, 2024
  • watchOS 10.5 beta 2 (21T5555d) - April 16, 2024

FaceTime

Known Issues

• Recent calls from an iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch will not sync to Vision Pro and vice versa. (125375528)

Keyboards

Known Issues

• Trying to access the emoji keyplane from the mini keyboard redirects the user to a letter keyplane with extra platter space.
  • (125951731)
Workaround: Use software keyboard instead of mini keyboard to access emoji keyplane.

Notifications

Known Issues

• Developers might see session interruption notifications that are not relevant to their app. (125360716)
    Workaround: Developers should filter notifications against their audio session of choice like so: NotificationCenter.default.addObserver(forName: AVAudioSession.interruptionNotification, object: AVAudioSession.sharedInstance(), queue: nil) { ... }

StoreKit

Known Issues

• When testing a compatible iOS or iPadOS app on visionOS, the UI presented from the App Store review request APIs will not render correctly. (125912511)

Last edited:

BarrettF77

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2015
The amount of comments on here for Vision Pro really I think shows how much volume Apple has produced. Hoping V OS 2.0 is amazing as I like the current iteration but there is a lot more I think it could do.

• Haha
Reactions: freedomlinux

TallGuyGT

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2011
NYC
The amount of comments on here for Vision Pro really I think shows how much volume Apple has produced. Hoping V OS 2.0 is amazing as I like the current iteration but there is a lot more I think it could do.
I'm on the 1.2 beta and really didn't notice anything new. I assume it's going to be bug fixes and optimizations until WWDC. So probably not a lot to comment on between now and then. But I'm hoping for a lot on June 10th!

no_idea

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2018
lol…this post has less than a dozen comments…me thinks the honey moon is over and the YouTube influencers have returned their rentals

BarrettF77

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2015
lol…this post has less than a dozen comments…me thinks the honey moon is over and the YouTube influencers have returned their rentals
It’s not because it can’t be good either. It’s because Apple doesn’t allocate sources well enough. I can’t say that the tracking is perfect. But it’s pretty darn good.

It just needs more support and Apple kinda priced it a bit high. They really need a products guy driving the company! Can’t say that enough

G5isAlive

Contributor
Aug 28, 2003

similar announcements for iOS, that would be the operating system for iPhones, heard of them, got 5 comments at this time. Five. Is everyone returning their phones or is this just a topic no one cares to comment on?

Last edited:

Rychiar

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2006
Waterbury, CT
What are we supposed to comment about? according to this article 1.2 changes nothing lol. apparently 1.1.2 was a bigger update lol

Reactions: G5isAlive

Polinsky

Suspended
Oct 7, 2023
Did you seriously come to that conclusion based upon the number of responses to an article that indicates a new software version? Just what kind of responses were you looking for? To quote you, "me thinks" that the tone of the post is more of an illogical attempt to denigrate a product and it's owners than anything else.

And a minimally keen observer would realize that one big reason for limited responses are that so many AVP owners have largely stayed away for the site. We are simply sick and tired of trying to read any AVP related topic and finding the thread littered with hateful and insulting comments against AVP and it's owners.

TallGuyGT

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2011
NYC
I’ve replied to posts asking if and how people are still using their Vision Pro. I try to give a balanced take on the pros and cons, as well as how I actually find it useful. The response is almost always a diatribe on “why it ducks and is destined to fail”. From people who obviously haven’t used one themselves. So yeah, I’ve mostly stopped posting as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.