Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the second beta of an upcoming watchOS 10.5 update to developers for testing purposes, with the beta coming two weeks after the release of the first beta.

Apple-Watch-Faces-watchOS-10-Feature-Blue.jpg

To install the ‌watchOS 10.5 update, developers need to open the Apple Watch app, go to the Software Update section under "General" in Settings, and toggle on the watchOS 10 Developer Beta. An Apple ID linked to a developer account is required.

Once beta updates have been activated, watchOS 10.5 can be downloaded under the same Software Update section. To install software, an Apple Watch needs to have 50 percent battery life and it must be placed on an Apple Watch charger.

We don't yet know what's included in watchOS 10.5, and there were no new features found in the first beta.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Second Beta of watchOS 10.5 to Developers

randomthoughts

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2020
Two things I do not like in watchOS 10 that I wish they would change:

- Full screen display for music currently playing…give an option to disable. I keep dismissing and it keeps appearing

- Change from previous versions that has bigger text for turn by turn instructions when navigating with Maps. Text is way too small to show the next instruction while driving.

allenvanhellen

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2015
Two things I do not like in watchOS 10 that I wish they would change:

- Full screen display for music currently playing…give an option to disable. I keep dismissing and it keeps appearing

- Change from previous versions that has bigger text for turn by turn instructions when navigating with Maps. Text is way too small to show the next instruction while driving.
Thank you for your comment! I've been sticking on 9 for some other reasons, but wow! I use Maps all the time when cycling or driving. What were they thinking? And I can't get behind the bright white background for Stopwatch and some of the other goofy decisions with 10. I do really want that new Ultra face and the Smart Stack though.

Takeo

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2004
Canada
Would love to see a fix for the noise complication ceasing to function after using the dial keypad during a phone call from my iPhone 12 taken on my Series 9 but… I suspect that’ll never happen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.