Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gareth Veitch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2020
Anything like this ever happen to anyone? I initiated a repair order for my MBP a couple days ago, and when I received my shipping box this morning inside it were two large 12V 18Ah batteries at about ten lbs each. ?

The lady on customer support was perplexed to say the least. She initiated a new repair order and said sheā€™d have to get back to me on what to do with the batteries.
image.jpg

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
I think the problem lies with the shipping label. It clearly says, "DO NOT COVER" at the bottom, but you covered it anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: D.T.

chipchen

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2002
When they send out boxes for depot repairs, they just ship tons of boxes... I bet someone was swapping out UPS batteries and was going to use that box to ship back to the supplier/vendor and forgot about it. Then the next person just slapped your label on what they thought was an empty box. Then another guy that comes to ship the boxes came by to get it and doesn't care what's in the boxes, just ships them out.

Sedulous

macrumors 68030
Dec 10, 2002
Those look like emergency light batteries. But the real mystery is, of course, why isnā€™t there an Apple logo on them!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.