Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Covert_Op29

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2019
My Apple Watch out of no where started consistently talking to me as if I was non-stop holding the Digital Crown in. The actual crown is not stuck, so I can only assume its stuck inside somewhere. Has anyone had this issue? my watch continuously vibrates and annoyingly says "I didn't understand" every 5 seconds till it dies. At this point the watch is useless to me even when its off of my wrist. Any suggestions without telling me to toss it?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
My Apple Watch out of no where started consistently talking to me as if I was non-stop holding the Digital Crown in. The actual crown is not stuck, so I can only assume its stuck inside somewhere. Has anyone had this issue? my watch continuously vibrates and annoyingly says "I didn't understand" every 5 seconds till it dies. At this point the watch is useless to me even when its off of my wrist. Any suggestions without telling me to toss it?

Not sure why anyone would tell you to ‘toss it’, but have you tried powering it off and then does it perform the same action when you power back on? Also, do you receive the same response if you press the digital crown in?

Covert_Op29

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2019
Not sure why anyone would tell you to ‘toss it’, but have you tried powering it off and then does it perform the same action when you power back on? Also, do you receive the same response if you press the digital crown in?

I've done all the things I should "powered it down, powered down the phone, soft reset both, unpaired it and paired it again". cleaning it isn't the issue like others have issues as I said the crown moves correctly on the outside. I called apple and they walked me through making sure I did everything I should, which I did, and the only thing they told me to do is to have it sent in and looked at. That costs almost the price of the watch... ridiculous

rgyiv

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2018
Did you even try cleaning it as referenced in the article @waw74 provided? Wouldn't hurt to try.....or are you sending it in?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.