Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
anyone know of any good apple apparel sites?

heres a good shirt i found...

gam036.gif

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
thanks for the link.

why do you think those are better?..just wondering.

i think the "crazy ones manifesto" is pretty cool...i would rather have it in black though. i cant read it all but im sure it says something cool from what i can read.

timbloom

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2002
Redlight runner prices

After visiting the Apple on-site store at 1 Infinite Loop, I realized that the RedlightRunner.com sight is VERY expensive. Many items that are currently for sale at both the apple store and redlight runner are significantly more expensive at the redlightrunner site. aprox. 25% to 150+% more expenive. I love their store, but the pricing is outrageous. (just my 2 cents)

PS- I bought the manifesto (crazy ones) tshirt for $15 in XXL at the Apple Store.

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
KId red ...congrats on your 50th post.

yeah thats to the mian page of the first link i posted.

im diggin there shirts the most so far. some or them though.

timbloom

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2002
I have not seen it in black before.. but I will keep my eyes out. But if you want high quality apple apparel, the Apple Store in Cupertino is definately the way to go.

voicegy

macrumors 65816
Years ago, Apple used to have a section on their web page where one could buy t-shirts, coffee mugs, etc. At reasonable prices.

Now, the only "walk-in" place that you can obtain such items (and tons more like them) are at the on-campus store at the mothership (Apple Headquarters). They have a lot of clothing items.

I go there every couple of years just to visit, buy stuff and gawk. It's a great store.

Redlightrunner.com is expensive, 'cause they're one of the only games in town. I've found nothing else on the web that carries such a great variety of Apple logo related items, including some really rare stuff. So, I guess they feel justified in their mark-ups.

And, as long as Steve is iCEO, we'll never see Apple logo items on their web page or in the Apple stores. He considers such things "kitschy", and that's why they disappeared from the web site.

In a way, it adds a certain extra value to them. Since you can't get, say, an Apple logo baseball cap just anywhere, it makes such items a little more "special."

Scott.

colocolo

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2002
Santiago, Chile
transcript of the "crazy ones" manifesto:

Here's to the crazy ones
the misfits
the rebels
the round pegs in square holes
the ones who see things differently

They're not fond of rules
and they have no respect for the status quo

You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them
disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them
about the only thing you can't do is ignore them

Because they change things
They invent. They imagine. They heal.
They explore. They create. They inspire.
They push the human race forward.

Maybe they have to be crazy.
How else can you stare at an empty canvas and see a work of art?
Or sit in silence and hear a song that's never been written?
Or gaze at a red planet and see a laboratory on wheels?

We make tools for these kinds of people.
While some see them as the crazy ones, we see genius.

Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can
change the world, are the ones who do.

colocolo

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2002
Santiago, Chile
There was a video somewhere in Apple's site with this same "manifesto" while showing images of these crazy ones. It must be around there somewhere still.

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
yeah..
on ebay i believe they are selling a video showing all the commercials in the history of Apple. good deal. the mainifesto one might be in there....if its not false advertising.

voicegy

macrumors 65816
The manifesto on the Apple page is here:

http://www.apple.com/thinkdifferent/index.html

It seems the little video is broken, but the words are there.

The Apple Merchandise store is at Apple Headquarters:

Apple Computer, Inc.
1 Infinite Loop
Cupertino, California 95014-2084.

(by the way, if you're running OS 9, you can see a picture of the campus of Apple Headquarters by holding down the option key and going to the Apple menu and choosing "About the finder.")

Kid Red

macrumors 65816
Dec 14, 2001
Originally posted by voicegy
The manifesto on the Apple page is here:

http://www.apple.com/thinkdifferent/index.html

It seems the little video is broken, but the words are there.

The Apple Merchandise store is at Apple Headquarters:

Apple Computer, Inc.
1 Infinite Loop
Cupertino, California 95014-2084.

(by the way, if you're running OS 9, you can see a picture of the campus of Apple Headquarters by holding down the option key and going to the Apple menu and choosing "About the finder.")

That's a cool easter egg :)

krossfyter- thanks :)

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
Kid Red...that was voicegy that gave the egg.

but thanks anyways.

yeah that is a cool egg man. do you know of anymore?
i wonder if you can do that on os X? any eggs at all on os X?

voicegy

macrumors 65816
Easter Eggs

Krossfyter, if we go off on Easter Eggs, this topic thread will REALLY lose it! :)

How about starting a new thread with that very topic? I'm sure you'll get LOTS of posts, especially from us old-timers who remember some really good ones.

Alas, that particular avenue of pleasure at the Mothership has been cracked down on through the years, to the point where they are now virtually non-existant. I believe that OS X has none whatsoever.

But I could be wrong, and this would be a great way to find out!

Start off the post with the last Easter Egg that I know of, the "About the finder" one, just to get everyone started. Can't wait to see the results!

Sheesh..just ANOTHER reason why we like our funny Macs!

Scott

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.