Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Astrohunter

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 16, 2021
Hi,

We need an option on iOS to store all iCloud files locally, same as you would do on a Mac.

It's silly that you can buy a 1TB iPhone but you can't even download all of your files in "Files" app.

It should sync and download files/changes to files whenever it happens on one of the devices.

From what I can see feedback can be submitted here:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone/

Here is what I have sent:

"""

Hi,

I think what me and many people would like to see is an option to store all iCloud files locally in Files app on iOS, without having to click on each file and "Download".

There is no point in buying 1TB iPhones when I can't store all my files locally, and I want to have a backup on my iPhone in case my Mac dies, I lose access to Apple ID etc.

Thanks.

"""

Reactions: Mr Todhunter

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Mar 4, 2003
Hi,

We need an option on iOS to store all iCloud files locally, same as you would do on a Mac.

It's silly that you can buy a 1TB iPhone but you can't even download all of your files in "Files" app.

It should sync and download files/changes to files whenever it happens on one of the devices.

From what I can see feedback can be submitted here:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone/

Here is what I have sent:

"""

Hi,

I think what me and many people would like to see is an option to store all iCloud files locally in Files app on iOS, without having to click on each file and "Download".

There is no point in buying 1TB iPhones when I can't store all my files locally, and I want to have a backup on my iPhone in case my Mac dies, I lose access to Apple ID etc.

Thanks.

"""

I agree with your point here. It would be nice to mirror your iCloud content locally-- and it would be nice if that happened when you have a wifi connection so when you do need a file from the cloud you don't need to use cellular to do anything more than check it's currency.

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.