Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xxray

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 27, 2013
To enhance greater privacy, it would be great if you could insert photos/videos into apps or save them from apps without giving the apps complete access to your photo library. It’s a bit unnerving to know some apps have complete access to all your pictures and videos.

Jimmy James

macrumors 603
Oct 26, 2008
Magicland
True. I strongly dislike the Facebook app recommending pictures to upload that I haven’t deliberately selected. So, I deleted the app for that reason.

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe
To enhance greater privacy, it would be great if you could insert photos/videos into apps or save them from apps without giving the apps complete access to your photo library. It’s a bit unnerving to know some apps have complete access to all your pictures and videos.

how would the app retrieve and especially save data without accessing the content like the Photo library? using another app in the middle?

Minorite

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2018
Poland
Even if this is just a dream, I really hope this will happen some day. Meanwhile, when I need to send some photos via Messenger or FB, I go to settings > give access > send photo > back to settings > remove access... It keeps my paranoia bit more happy :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.