Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steviem

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 26, 2006
New York, Baby!
Why?

Because it would mean Apple has a groupware/email service to compete with MS Exchange.

I've been taking a look at MobileMe and whilst I'm thinking it would be pretty good for my needs, I would like to see Apple do something to get their server more users.

Although having my own data on my own server appeals to me too.

What would be stopping Apple from doing this?

kultschar

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2010
Why?

Because it would mean Apple has a groupware/email service to compete with MS Exchange.

I've been taking a look at MobileMe and whilst I'm thinking it would be pretty good for my needs, I would like to see Apple do something to get their server more users.

Although having my own data on my own server appeals to me too.

What would be stopping Apple from doing this?

Interesting indeed!!

I have no knowledge of how a Mac server system works for emails?? Do they not have some kind of exchange system distributing emails to clients mail app???

Would indeed be awesome to have the ability of Mobile Me using your companys own email domain and the Mobile Me syncing abillities!

I would be ecstatic to be able to use Mobile Me as it is but with my own email addy of choice. Hopefully this will come in the future, I love Mobile Me just not my addy

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.