Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple_B0N6

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2021
Just make the menu bar black and unaffected by the wallpaper so that it just blends in with the notch all the time, like the way it does in fullscreen but in windowed mode, as well. It's amazing how no one at this company had the foresight to do this. It's sad because they just released all these cool wallpapers and screensavers and a lot of people will refuse to use them because of that stupid notch. It's things like this that make me wish that Jony Ive was still at Apple. On another note, they should've done the same thing with the iPhone instead of this Dynamic Island feature - I'll admit, I've never actually used Dynamic Island but it seems like a real cumbersome feature having to reach up all the time to interact with it. Would've made more sense to just have a black bar along the top that housed the notch as well as displayed the time and network status, but what do I know. But back to the MacBook, hopefully somebody at Apple reads this so they can take credit, get a pat on the back and fix it.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.