Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jikmgeo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2012
When the iPhone SE was released in early 2022, it included the Qualcomm X57 (as noted here: https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...ry-capacity-and-snapdragon-x57-modem.2338891/)

I just bought one– downgraded from the iPhone 14 Pro because I actually prefer the smaller size and old design. I launched CPU Dasher and was surprised to find that the modem is recorded as the Qualcomm X60M, which I believe (and according to research I did online) is the same modem used in the iPhone 13 models. (screenshot attached)

However, mmWave support is still not supported, and MIMO support is recorded on Apple's website as 2x2 instead of 4x4, both of which I assume are software limitations. Interesting choice on Apple's behalf... hoping a software update may change this in the future.

IMG_0555.jpeg

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC
they cant introduce new features else then they would create an invisible differentiation between devices.
It's like binning with processors.
Qualcomm probably stopped producing X57

Good catch.

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Are you sure this isn’t a way the app has to indicate a similar modem if they don’t have it on their data base? The X57 is a custom made modem so maybe this app doesn’t have it listed and it’s showing the X60 instead.

If some SE3 have a Qualcomm X60 modem, then, good catch!

EDIT: well, I think I also have the X60 modem on my SE3. I’ve been observing the modem firmware version on my iPhone SE3 and it matches the same firmware as the iPhone 13, while the reported modem firmware for the SE3 is a different version.

The current SE3 modem firmware version is 2.07.03 and my firmware version is different… actually it’s the same as the iPhone 13s LOL!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.