Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sovon Halder

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 3, 2016
India
Amazon India (2400INR -or- 35$)

The box arrived open; where the back (paper) has completely fallen off the plastic shell. I didn't mind but then this...

1. It's G5KVDDNYJ7JM (etched in case) vs. G66VD2CFJ7JM (printed underneath barcode)
WhatsApp Image 2018-11-05 at 1.31.34 PM.jpeg

2. There is somewhat noticeable gap between the logo and the case. It feels like the cutout of the logo is filled with a separate piece of plastic which isn't flush. If case is bent slightly, it seems like it's a loose piece of rubber within the cutout, which moves.
WhatsApp Image 2018-11-05 at 1.31.34 PM (1).jpeg

3. There is a slightly noticeable mark of molding shell.
WhatsApp Image 2018-11-05 at 1.31.34 PM (2).jpeg

Can anyone please confirm whether or not this is a fake I'm looking at?

Some additional photos...
WhatsApp Image 2018-11-05 at 2.26.24 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2018-11-05 at 2.26.23 PM (1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2018-11-05 at 2.26.23 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2018-11-05 at 2.26.22 PM (1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2018-11-05 at 2.26.22 PM.jpeg

Last edited:

Sovon Halder

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 3, 2016
India
This is fake. If you want a good phone case, I know where to buy it.
[doublepost=1541411190][/doublepost]phone accessories website :www.cornmi.cc
Thank you @qingyin

Being this is my first silicone case purchase, I would love to know what factors to look for, how it differs from an original case. May I ask how you concluded that this is a fake?

Thank you.

AMTYVLE

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2014
Florida
Thank you @qingyin

Being this is my first silicone case purchase, I would love to know what factors to look for, how it differs from an original case. May I ask how you concluded that this is a fake?

Thank you.

On the fake silicone case, like you have, the Apple logo is a separate piece from the case which explains the gap. A real Apple Silicone case will not have that, the Apple logo is printed on the case.

Sovon Halder

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 3, 2016
India
On the fake silicone case, like you have, the Apple logo is a separate piece from the case which explains the gap. A real Apple Silicone case will not have that, the Apple logo is printed on the case.
Thank you for sharing that.

If you don't mind me asking, can you please post a photo of your case ?

Breezygirl

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2011
I have a fake case and the Apple logo is also printed on it. On my fake case the biggest difference is the seam is not as smooth.

rijc99

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2015

You're wrong. I have a white Silicone case purchased from the Apple Store in Costa Mesa and the logo is exactly as in your picture. It is a separate piece embed into the case silicone. The mold lines are also slightly visible.

The leather case's logo has an embossed effect and one piece. Silicone is different. Its not printed as that will wear off the silicone material so it is a separate piece.

*I just checked another silicone case purchased also from an Apple Store. 6S silicone pink. Same. Mold lines visible... Apple logo is a separate piece embedded into the main silicone case.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sovon Halder

Sovon Halder

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 3, 2016
India
You're wrong. I have a white Silicone case purchased from the Apple Store in Costa Mesa and the logo is exactly as in your picture. It is a separate piece embed into the case silicone. The mold lines are also slightly visible.

The leather case's logo has an embossed effect and one piece. Silicone is different. Its not printed as that will wear off the silicone material so it is a separate piece.

*I just checked another silicone case purchased also from an Apple Store. 6S silicone pink. Same. Mold lines visible... Apple logo is a separate piece embedded into the main silicone case.
Thank you.

I assumed this and now you’ve confirmed it. That guys from the first reply deleted his post, probably because he is a spammer and promoting his website.

Besides the quality is too good to be a fake. All the info I found online pointed towards what you said.

Although I don’t get the fact about serial key not matching. Ive ordered a replacement. Let’s see.

Sovon Halder

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 3, 2016
India
UPDATE

Took some time. Just received a replacement unit and this time around they sent a proper little package with a brand new case.
I opened the case box myself and I am positive this is genuine, so was the other one as it turns out.

The barcodes etched in case & in box is always different. And the logo cutout is indeed a separate piece of plastic. And there is a very light molding shell mark. Whatever I described in my opening post, against my observations about the case, are all genuine attributes. I've verified it three times now.

If anyone who stumbled upon this thread, is reading my post, please be assured that if your case is different in any way other than what is described, it's most probably a FAKE.

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.