Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MotionxxUSxx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 1, 2007

Runt888

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2008
In the product videos it shows the watch having some sort of connector in one of the strap "channels." It was reported that those weren't going to be on the product versions, but the latest videos from Apple still show them. So it's anyone's guess at to if the final product will have them. If they do, then smart straps might be a possibility.

betabeta

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2013
Interesting, a fitness band could make watch bands as a way to not be overtaken by the watch.

Already had someone ask me if they could still use their fitness band and the watch, I said sure, it works independent of the watch.

But this could be interesting if someone comes up with a pulse oximeter before Apple does and makes it into a band for the Apple watch.

Multiverse223

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2015
Interesting, a fitness band could make watch bands as a way to not be overtaken by the watch.

Already had someone ask me if they could still use their fitness band and the watch, I said sure, it works independent of the watch.

But this could be interesting if someone comes up with a pulse oximeter before Apple does and makes it into a band for the Apple watch.

There's a 0% chance that any company will make an accurate pulse oximeter sensor for the wrist, before Apple. However, I do like the possibility of smart bands, hopefully Apple makes some. I know the reports said Apple was struggling with some sensor accuracies due to hairy arms. If Apple embeds a sensor in the inside, bottom of a strap, it could be on the bottom of the arm, where there is much less hair, usually hairless.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.