Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Original poster
Oct 23, 2010
I don't know what kind of voodoo Apple is doing but they somehow managed to make the Virtual Display in my VS Code and Xcode way better all of the sudden. WTF?! They made the code look retina level somehow. It's now preferable to my MacBook Pro.

ProXMac

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2022
I don't know what kind of voodoo Apple is doing but they somehow managed to make the Virtual Display in my VS Code and Xcode way better all of the sudden. WTF?! They made the code look retina level somehow. It's now preferable to my MacBook Pro.
What are your scaling settings (Medium , Large etc) on the display settings on the Vision Pro? And what resolution do you have set on the Mac? I’m getting still blurry text here and there trying to see if there’s a better way to fine-tune this.

What font size do you have Xcode set to as well?

I’m on 1.03 but haven’t noticed any great change.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Original poster
Oct 23, 2010
What are your scaling settings (Medium , Large etc) on the display settings on the Vision Pro? And what resolution do you have set on the Mac? I’m getting still blurry text here and there trying to see if there’s a better way to fine-tune this.

What font size do you have Xcode set to as well?

I’m on 1.03 but haven’t noticed any great change.
Ill look and get back to you later.

Reactions: ProXMac

digitster

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2024
I think, it is all a matter of the resolution. An UHD display requires 4 times more bandwidth than for instance Full HD (1920 x 1080). So you can project one really giant display (with the danger of having everything much too small for working with) or even 4 full HD displays with virtually the same bandwidth. The tech is inbuilt and the frameworks are available to achieve both of that with ease on the Apple Vision Pro. Apple”s Metal framework makes it possible.

Speed of the WLAN and its bandwidth, although, is very important for this. You’d rather get problems with the network speed than with the devices graphics pipelines for this.

ps: there is also allot of internal scaling going on. The quality depends very much on the distance and size, the user actually has chosen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.