Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Intelmaster

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2015
Its not available in Germany right now.. Thats kinda sad.. Right now, Fotmob TestFlight Beta ist the best way to enjoy live tickers about Sport for free and without ads... cant wait to have it with a clean, fresh look from Apple itself.

Aves

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
PA
For a while Yankee games for me were automatically added to Live Activities, which was awesome. It stopped doing that and wondering if there's a way to get it back? I can't find anything in the Sports app to turn this feature on again

I still have this function for the Phillies, I think you have to follow the team on the Tv App and then it should pop up automatically.
It's very convenient when I'm working, I get the updates on the watch too!!

Reactions: theman510

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
I actually like the simplicity of the app, and look forward for Apple to add more leagues over time

Razorpit

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2021
i just wish for a ipad verison, just bring it.
Not sure what I’m more surprised about. A.) Learning today the sports app exists, B.) Learning today an iPad version does not exist. 😂

Love how Apple is slowly rediscovering the skeumorphic app icons.

ReidWings

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2008
I really hope this will bring live events for NHL games. (I know you can jump over to Apple TV app for MLB games but I've never seen a way to put an NHL game into live activities other than third party apps.)
Yes I need this for NHL! I use sports alert app currently. Also crazy you have to go to the Apple TV app to turn on the live activities! Should be a toggle for this directly in the scores app.

• Haha
Reactions: emmab2006

Gator5000e

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2018
I use two sports apps for the most part. The Score and Sports Alerts. For sports scores, The Score is better organized. they have one page with all the day's games and scores on that page. - you can favorite your favorite teams and they will all appear at the top of the page that shows all the scores of all your leagues. The Score has recently added live activities feature for most leagues they support.

That being said, Sports Alerts does a better job with it's live activities feature as far as the detail is concerned. They have live activities for the NHL, MLB, NFL and college football and basketball (there may be others, I just don't follow others) but each sport gets its own tab. So you have to tap on the league tab to get to the sport and game you want to start a live activity for. Sports Alerts has better detail in the live activity that you see on your screen. But maybe The Score will get better over time.

Reactions: ZS88

ZS88

macrumors member
May 13, 2020
USA
I use two sports apps for the most part. The Score and Sports Alerts. For sports scores, The Score is better organized. they have one page with all the day's games and scores on that page. - you can favorite your favorite teams and they will all appear at the top of the page that shows all the scores of all your leagues. The Score has recently added live activities feature for most leagues they support.

That being said, Sports Alerts does a better job with it's live activities feature as far as the detail is concerned. They have live activities for the NHL, MLB, NFL and college football and basketball (there may be others, I just don't follow others) but each sport gets its own tab. So you have to tap on the league tab to get to the sport and game you want to start a live activity for. Sports Alerts has better detail in the live activity that you see on your screen. But maybe The Score will get better over time.
I agree 100% and I also use both apps. I've noticed that The Score live activities also don't seem to update as frequently as Sports Alerts. I'm sure they will make improvements eventually, but for now I am sticking with Sports Alerts for live activities.

johnediii

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2014
I like the app mostly but one thing that I'd like to see is league standings. Am I just missing something? Hopefully they add this by the time the NFL season comes around.

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
I want to really like Apple Sports but the organization doesn't make much sense to me.

Lumping all of my favorited leagues into a single dropdown is a giant mess. It should have a Sports category banner below or above the Yesterday / Today/ Upcoming banner.

I hope individual sports categories (e.g., golf, tennis) are in the works, as well as the Olympics.

There should be a bottom navigation tab with Scores, Standings, and Schedules.

Gator5000e

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2018
Is it ever going to get golf or tennis?
Both The Score and Sports Alerts have ATP and WTA tournament coverage and The Score has a news page as well. I am sure they have golf but I don't follow golf so I can't say for sure.

Baritone_Guy

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2021
I really want to like this app, but between this and whatever the TV app is doing, I've had to unfavorite all my teams because of excessive notifications (especially for MLB) and even though I tried shutting off notifications, they would still show up on my watch every time there was a run scored.

Once there's an option for more granular things you want to be notified about (kind of like what the ESPN app offers) then I'll give it another look.
This.

I would like to follow several teams, but the notifications from TV are ANNOYING.

CarAnalogy

macrumors 601
Jun 9, 2021
I'm waiting for the story discussing the discontinuation of this app...

One big difference between Google and Apple is that, so far, when Apple makes something it's going to stick around. It usually even gets better after a year or two. One thing Apple has had going for it is, to quote my favorite principal, "sticktoitiveness."

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
Good to know. Waiting for this app to support more sports and to be available in more countries

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.