Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bias

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2007
On the “verify carrier” page of the Apple Store app for buying a new iphone, it populates billing zip and ssn credentials that are incorrect and prompts manual entry. Where is it pulling this information from and is there a way to get it to auto-fill correctly?

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
The data is saved and shared across the Apple Store App, iTunes and the App Store. Once you correct it / enter it, the correct information should be saved.

Dave

Macalway

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2013
On the “verify carrier” page of the Apple Store app for buying a new iphone, it populates billing zip and ssn credentials that are incorrect and prompts manual entry. Where is it pulling this information from and is there a way to get it to auto-fill correctly?

Yes there's a cure for this (thanks to ck2875)

I’m the App Store app, select “Account” from the bottom. Then scroll all the way down to “Account Settings”. Toggle “remember me” off and then back on and it will pop up asking you to save your phone number, billing zip code, and social.

Last edited:

bias

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2007
Thank you both so much for the replies! The “remember me” toggle did the trick!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.