Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimthing

macrumors 68000
Apr 6, 2011
UK was defo up around 8.30am, so managed to order an iPhone 6 Plus/Gold/128GB for 19.Sep delivery! :)

Checked though, and it'd already changed (within about 10 mins!) to "3-4 weeks" on almost every model, so I was lucky.

...VERY lucky in fact, as I had my CC expire detail entered wrongly (taken from an app I use to save the details; obviously I entered them wrongly in it originally! :rolleyes:) so had to run downstairs fullspeed to pull the card from my wallet to realise it was wrong and correct it, yikes!

OK now though, haha.

ryguy2303

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2009
AT&T working smoothly now. At 1:45am, I got iPhone 6 Plus Gold & Silver 16GB to be shipped on the 19th...

iPhoneONLY

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2008
***Use the Apple store app!!***

Finally got four orders to work on the Apple Store App via iPhone.
At first it was showing "Currently Unavailable" for ALL Gold sizes (6+). However I kept changing the selection from 64GB to 128GB and then it would show up as available. Don't give up! Just keep changing the selection and it should eventually show up as available. The same thing happened when I tried to order a leather case. It said the blue was unavailable so I changed the color selection and then selected the blue color until it said available. Good Luck!!!!

PedCrossing

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2012
The Loop
Screen Shot 2014-09-12 at 3.29.04 AM.png

For those who want the T-mobile version, DON'T GIVE UP YET!

Just successfully ordered an iPhone 6 Plus space grey T-mobile unlocked for in-store pickup. I placed this order on my iPad using Chrome Incognito mode while Safari and Chrome on my iPhone and Macbook still says "We'll be back" and the Apple Store app on my iPhone and iPad shows no option for T-mobile. I don't know what magic is this but obviously the Online Apple Store is NOT down, it should be some network issue that hinders the right page to show up. I would suggest to change your internet connection, either reconnect or try cellular and try different browsers(clear caches, private mode).

Good luck!

Last edited:

vsighi

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2010
San Diego, CA
I am done...I guess I will stick with mt hTC crap for 2-3 months more...thank you APPLE for waisting my time. I am going back to bed.
.i..:apple:

Festefan

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2014
It is NOT about the server. They simply don't want to release the Full Price No Contract right now. The priority is to sell those contract ones, that's why you can buy at the App, but NOT at the Online US Store!:eek::mad::eek:

MuseumVisitor

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2010
In Store Pick-up

Guys in Canada,
While placing your order, did you get the option to pick up your iPhone 6 in an Apple Store location?
I did not.

By the way, I placed an order via iPad 3, but could not do it with iPad 2.

megamanbnmaster

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2008
It is NOT about the server. They simply don't want to release the Full Price No Contract right now. The priority is to sell those contract ones, that's why you can buy at the App, but NOT at the Online US Store!:eek::mad::eek:

I already got the T-Mobile one for full price. Was lucky I got a socket connection kept alive through the store.

It's the server. 503 is a server overload error.

Code:
~:2$ curl -IL store.apple.com
HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
Pragma: no-cache
x-request-id: 477cdbc6-5a26-478c-8ef2-0a7164e5de2f
Content-Length: 0
x-frame-options: sameorigin
Cache-Control: private, must-revalidate, proxy-revalidate, max-age=30, post-check=0, pre-check=0
Expires: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 08:50:39 GMT
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 08:50:09 GMT
Connection: keep-alive

HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable
Cache-Control: no-store, private, must-revalidate, proxy-revalidate, max-age=0, pre-check=0,post-check=0, no-cache
Expires: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 08:50:09 GMT
Cache-Control: no-store, private, must-revalidate, proxy-revalidate, max-age=0, pre-check=0,post-check=0, no-cache
Expires: 0
Content-Type: text/html
x-request-id: edeafdcf-86f2-4e6e-9bda-2f32bf0479b7
Content-Length: 55142
Accept-Ranges: bytes
x-frame-options: sameorigin
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 08:50:09 GMT
Connection: keep-alive
Set-Cookie: dssid2=4d3c5775-3675-4327-82cc-d52642cf124c;Version=1;Path=/;Domain=.apple.com;Max-Age=31536000
Set-Cookie: dssf=1;Version=1;Path=/;Domain=.apple.com;Max-Age=31536000
Set-Cookie: aos_baaropc=1;Version=1;Path=/;Domain=.apple.com;Max-Age=60

arpshriv

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
Need advice

I placed my order thru att, surprisingly att started ordering at 11.58 am and my brother was able to place the order and he got immediate confirmation i took another 5-10 mins and placed my order around 12.10 did not got confirmation so tried placing once again on same line now after 1 hour i got confirmation for both the orders with "Your Apple iPhone 6 Plus (16GB Silver) has been reserved and will ship within 14 - 21 business days."

oddnendz

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I hope someone woke up Apple PR.... the sh-t has hit twitter and i just got a breaking news alert about it on the BreakingNews app... and Techmeme has picked up the story....

tripmusic

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2012
Switzerland
Yes, it appears Apple wants you to buy it using their mobile store app instead of Safari, etc...

Also, as I stated earlier, the Earth is going through some geo-magnetic storms for the next few days, so that could have been affecting things

Festefan

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2014
If it is about a crowded server, it has to work anytime soon, after all, people does have to sleep, right? It should be less crowded by now!

JayMBP

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2011
Surrey, BC
Good luck guys for those of you in US looking for an unlocked/T-Mo ip6+.

Thanks to Apple Canada's system I can go sleep now. Have 2 phones reserved to be picked up at launch and another 2 for in-laws arriving later.

matiascabrera

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014

Just ordered my 16GB iPhone + from the US store: HOW? After hours of trying from my Mac, I just wrote store.apple.com on my iPhone's Safari and voila! It just worked! Shipping time now shows 7-10 business days.
GOOD LUCK! Greetings from Chile!

gatortpk

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2003
Melbourne, FL
Wow, 2 hours later, still available through Apple Store App!

I ordered through att.com 7 minutes before the Apple Store opened! (11:54 PM PDT, 2:54 AM EDT). The iPhone 6 PLUS will ship in 14-21 business days, meaning sometime in October. The website always reported, and still reports 14-21 business days to ship for the iPhone 6 Plus. It still reports delivery on September 19 for the iPhone 6 over two hours later!

Now that it's 2 hours later, and I still can't get on the Apple store through the website, but the Apple Store App works fine. I just checked with the Apple Store App on any iOS device and I can get any iPhone 6 4.7" (any color and size, except for silver) delivered on September 19! I can get the iPhone 6 Plus, ANY model shipped in 7-10 business days. So these iPhone are not already sold out! It appeared so about 90 minutes ago, it reported unavailable.

Now, I went ahead and reserved another iPhone through Apple. Though I have to complete the order in 24 hours after receiving an email. Can I cancel my AT&T order? I already upgraded with the Next Plan to save $190 over the next 2 years (and will KEEP/OWN my iPhone, i'll just upgrade next year on another line). The savings comes from the fact that my monthly bill is $25 less per line when you upgrade to the Next plan or buy the iPhone at full price, though buying the full price I'd have to pay a $40 activation fee. So $25*24 months = $600. $600 - $450 (subsidized price savings) = $150. The upgrading with the Next Plan I waive the $40 activation fee as opposed to paying $949 for the iPhone 6 Plus 128GB model and paying the $40 activation fee. So that's how I come to $150 + $40 = $190 savings over two years.

antelopeslr5000

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
I had dramas trying to purchase the iPhone 6 from the Apple Store (Australia) with my Macbook and using Safari as my browser. Every time I clicked on 'Select' nothing would happen. The web page would just refresh and wouldn't advance to the checkout and my shopping cart was empty.

Then I went to my shed, grabbed the trusty old Panasonic Toughbook CF-18 running Windows XP. Fired it up and using IE as the browser this time, I was able to access the Apple Store online and successfully place my order. Go figure! :)

mcgroarty

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2011
The US web store just came alive for me at 2:16am Pacific. T-Mobile 6+ 128GB Space gray ordered without any problems.

Available to ship: 7- 10 business days

Slevin

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2007
New York
Finally was able to order an ATT 128 GB Space Gray for pick up at the Ala Moana store in Hawaii.

I'll likely get there about 5 am anyway since I'm off from work next Monday.

I was about to order from AT&T's site but I feel dirty not purchasing directly from AT&T

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.