Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

buffsldr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 7, 2001
I know when apple is having its expos, the apple store goes down. I have also noticed that the site it down at other times. Can anyone comment on what is happening at these times? routine updates (apple specials on refurbished equipment)?

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
Re: Apple Store Down

Originally posted by buffsldr
I know when apple is having its expos, the apple store goes down. I have also noticed that the site it down at other times. Can anyone comment on what is happening at these times? routine updates (apple specials on refurbished equipment)?

Yes. Usually, it is Apple Product updates. The updates may be as significant as changing three lines of computer devices and new software, or it may be for special deals on products. Apple must update the online store while not letting anyone in on the website. It is just like one would work on his or her own website and you see this page that says the site is under construction.

Or, if you want to wait real long for something to finish, try traffic jams and security issues at JFK.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.