Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UBS28

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 2, 2012
I received an e-mail from Apple that there is a student discount. So I went to the Apple store asking who qualifies as a student. I take some seminars occasionally so I was curious if I qualify for it also.

This Apple employer looked at me and he said that people with high incomes should not be asking these questions and he used a very bad word to describe people like me. WTF?

Then he started giving me all kinds of discounts but he doesn't understand that if you insult your customers, they leave. I didn't take any discount he offered ofcourse. I'm even thinking of returning my 12.9 iPad Pro (still in 14 days return period) as I don't think I should be giving my money to a company who insults their customers.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Hmm, there are always two sides to the story. In my experience, the typical cause for a poor service story at Apple is that the client is pushy, entitled, or rude.

I'm not saying that's the case here, but I find it highly difficult to believe that a polite and meek enquiry for "what qualifies as a student discount" would receive such a vitriolic face-to-face response at an Apple Store.

UBS28

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 2, 2012
Hmm, there always is two sides to the story. In my experience, the typical cause for a poor service story at Apple is that the client is pushy, entitled, or rude.

I'm not saying that's the case here, but I find it highly difficult to believe that a polite and meek enquiry for "what qualifies as a student discount" would receive such a vitriolic face-to-face response at an Apple Store.

Well, it is the first time I have experienced something like this. So I don't think it is me. But this thread can close. I will talk to his manager :)

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Edit: Never mind. I think I will just talk to his manager at that Apple store.

OP, you don't need to delete your original thread posting, it makes it very confusing/difficult for discussion and or what somebody else is referring to when they reply to you. Just use the "Resolved" indicator.

Reactions: Queen6

mark.ps

Cancelled
Aug 12, 2017
in my opinion, i've found the Apple Store near where I live to have good customer service! Given the area isn't exactly full of kind people, it's quite refreshing to have a store full of respectful people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.