Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildkraut

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 8, 2015
Germany
The title of this thread reads like something from TheOnion.
Lol yeah, but it’s just the Reuters title :)
[doublepost=1515514604][/doublepost]
Decent? Like Samsung when they were burning? LOL! Any battery can fail and considering the number of batteries, looks like it is very rare.
Yes sure any battery can fail, but to me it looks like the employee was stressed or bored by mass changing batteries in a short amount of time like, Change battery -> next -> change battery-> next, etc. and made something wrong by doing this all day long.

Putting decent technical designed, longer lasting batteries without trotteling the iPhones could have voided this accident.

joelvc

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2017
That was a big highlight here in Zurich. Evacuation of the whole stored, several injured by fire, fire brigade intervention. Wow, batteries are powerful!

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Putting decent technical designed, longer lasting batteries without trotteling the iPhones could have voided this accident.

I do not think there are significantly better batteries to be had. Todays cell phone batteries use the same chemistry. I doubt Apple is saving money buy buying cut rate batteries, but that is what many feel.

None of this matters to me as I replace my phone yearly.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Lol yeah, but it’s just the Reuters title :)
[doublepost=1515514604][/doublepost]
Yes sure any battery can fail, but to me it looks like the employee was stressed or bored by mass changing batteries in a short amount of time like, Change battery -> next -> change battery-> next, etc. and made something wrong by doing this all day long.

There would have still been employees changing batteries and there would have still been a chance soemtbing could go wrong with a repair. Just as there's also a chance that the battery was damaged in some way even prior to the repair (perhaps the device was dropped at some point or something like that). So no way to really tell that reality would have somehow voided something that can happen with or without any of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.