Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paulyras

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2006
Singapore
They used to sell that. It's essentially the high end white MB before the last speed bump (which is why it has a superdrive and 2.0). You can often get pretty good deals on refurbs if they are not current configurations.

I don't know why that would make it a scam though?!?!? Are you worried about it showing up with a ComboDrive?

antdgar

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 5, 2007
Sorry, I removed "scam" from the title..

I just thought there could be some details which Apple isn't telling me... I guess I'm just paranoid.

Thank you for your explanation. I'm going to buy this. Hope it's in good condition... <_<

plinden

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
They've always had earlier models in the refurb stores. They still had G4 laptops up to the start of this year.

ivi7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2007
Usually the refurb store has previous models or models that are discontinued. So you are not being tricked.

antdgar

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 5, 2007
Ok thanks.

I'm actually not buying this. But buying the brand new white 2.16GHz model with 120GB hdd.

I get about £110 off thanks to HE discount, and there's only £44 difference between this and the refurb (80GB).

ivi7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2007
Ok thanks.

I'm actually not buying this. But buying the brand new white 2.16GHz model with 120GB hdd.

I get about £110 off thanks to HE discount, and there's only £44 difference between this and the refurb (80GB).

Good choice I have always been a bit wary about refurb macs

antdgar

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 5, 2007
I would just like to add that this community seems very nice :)

My first newb topic, quick replies and no one has jumped down my throat yet... Is this the life of the Mac user? hehe :p

Apple store here I come... tomorrow...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.