Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

diamornte

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2009
I ordered a MagSafe Duo Charger and changed my mind about it because I already have so many chargers and realized I was being a wasteful consumer - but I noticed that Apple no longer lets you cancel orders.

Look now, and see if you can cancel your orders for your iPhone/any accessories you ordered today. There is no longer a "cancel" option to click, just a lot of white space.

WTH Apple?

jsamuels

Contributor
Feb 16, 2008
Roma
I ordered a MagSafe Duo Charger and changed my mind about it because I already have so many chargers and realized I was being a wasteful consumer - but I noticed that Apple no longer lets you cancel orders.

Look now, and see if you can cancel your orders for your iPhone/any accessories you ordered today. There is no longer a "cancel" option to click, just a lot of white space.

WTH Apple?
Chill, of course you can. But, on launch days the systems overload and it takes several hours to catch up. I ordered a PM and case and both are now cancelable.

diamornte

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2009
Chill, of course you can. But, on launch days the systems overload and it takes several hours to catch up. I ordered a PM and case and both are now cancelable.
Nope. My order now shows "preparing for shipment." Now I will be charged a restocking fee when trying to return this.

theadder

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2019
I had an extra iPhone order and I had this issue. I was able to cancel via business chat with Apple and the issue is resolved now.

Ninjaman

Suspended
Jul 13, 2021
I ordered a second iPhone for Saturday pickup by accident and was curious why I couldn't cancel it. ill cancel tomorrow

diamornte

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2009
I ordered two 13 Pros today and I will be able to cancel them during processing. What happened is you missed the window to cancel the order during that time.
So there was a "window" I missed and that is MY fault? No window of time was ever given.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Once the item gets to “Preparing For Shipping” you can no longer cancel. OP ordered an item today that was quickly available. At least they can simply return it.
This is always how it has worked for me. Once it goes to Preparing for shipment you can't cancel. Been this way for quite some time. Agreed.

0s and 1s

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2004
OK, USA
I placed an accidental order earlier this morning and I the order wasn’t appearing in my order history for quite some time. Three iMessage chats with Apple support later and they told me that there was an issue on their end with an fix ETA of 3 hours.

I am now able to login to my account, view orders, and cancel the order in question. Good luck!

diamornte

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2009
ahhh my bad...mine just says "order placed" and I still csnt cancel it..maybe tomorrow
Good luck! I still don't see a cancel option anywhere, no matter how many Apple Macrumors Fan Bois try to gaslight me.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I was able to cancel a couple of orders I put in this morning after about an hour and a half. One phone and one case in separate orders.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.