Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Buadhai

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 15, 2018
Korat, Thailand
First let me note that I spend most of my time in Thailand and shop at the online Apple Store for Thailand.

Recently I've noticed some odd differences between shopping at the Apple Store web interface and the iPad/iPhone apps:

• The apps do not allow you to enter a billing address in a country other than Thailand. This means I can't use my Apple Card (which has a US billing address) to shop via the Apple Store apps. I can and have many times used the web interface to shop at the Thai store using the Apple Card.
  • If you put something in your shopping bag via an Apple Store app, the web interface won't know anything about it. Today I put some AirPods in my bag via the iPad app. When I found I couldn't use a US billing address I switched to the web store. But, there my bag was empty.
  • If you actually make a purchase, both the web interface and the iOS/iPad apps know all about it and you can track the purchase both using the iOS apps and the web interface.
Sadly, the inconsistencies remind me of life in Thailand in general.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.