Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ekucukoglu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2022
IMG_0707.jpeg
Apple Store Regents St. London ****ed my iPhone 15 Pro Up

Where can I complain about this? I am too angry. ****!

Today I went to Apple Store Regents Street, London about a camera issue. The problem was, there are moving lines in the camera in low light situations and wireless charging with Anker MagSafe powerbank/Belkin charging stand (I could capture them as photos and a video). I used both the Anker and Belkin with iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 13 Pro Max with no issues). I told the situation and I was able to show the problem.

There, a female Apple Store employee confirmed the issue, tried with her 15 Pro Max and see no lines or something with the phone and told me this: Ok. First we will change the camera and then, if the problem cannot be solved, we’ll give you a replacement device.” I said OK and she said “Your phone will be ready at 05:20pm. I came at that hour and they made me wait for an extra 1 hour to get my phone back.

I tried it, saw the problem again and showed it to the guy. When I ask the replacement, they call the woman and she said that “No, I did not say such thing. I just said another repair.” She lied to me. I think she was new or something but it is not my problem. Apple Store lied to me about the process. A clear lie.

What’s worst is, there is finger oil, dust and hair in the camera. I showed them and a guy there said “They don’t affect the camera performance so no problem.”

WTF is going on here? I bought this phone last month and “No problem look your camera is still works.” Are you a joke?

I am furious. I just ripped my Finewoven case out of anger. **** me if I buy another iPhone.

Attachments

• IMG_0702.png
    IMG_0702.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 106
Last edited by a moderator:

Alameda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2012
I can’t tell what it is you’re showing, but I think you should just take it back again in a few days, speak to someone else and be as calm and friendly as possible.

Reactions: freeagent

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
You lost me as to what your actual issue is - "moving lines in the camera in low light situations and wireless charging with Anker MagSafe powerbank/Belkin charging stand." I'm not doubting that there's an actual issue, just not at all clear what that issue is or how it manifests itself, or whether it actually has any effect on usage or not.

Just based on the description and the video you uploaded - it looks like the camera is recording some odd-looking lines, when it's focused on nothing at all (and perhaps only when it's on a 3rd party charger?) - based on that description, you seem to be nit-picking on an "Issue" that doesn't actually affect usage of the phone in any sense at all. In which case my advice to you would be, "Get over yourself." I'm not saying that's the case - but that's the impression I get from your description.

It's possible that the Apple Store personnel could be similarly confused. I suggest you work on a description of the issue - "When I do ABC, the result is XYZ, which affects using the phone to {whatever}."

Reactions: ekucukoglu

ekucukoglu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2022
You lost me as to what your actual issue is - "moving lines in the camera in low light situations and wireless charging with Anker MagSafe powerbank/Belkin charging stand." I'm not doubting that there's an actual issue, just not at all clear what that issue is or how it manifests itself, or whether it actually has any effect on usage or not.

Just based on the description and the video you uploaded - it looks like the camera is recording some odd-looking lines, when it's focused on nothing at all (and perhaps only when it's on a 3rd party charger?) - based on that description, you seem to be nit-picking on an "Issue" that doesn't actually affect usage of the phone in any sense at all. In which case my advice to you would be, "Get over yourself." I'm not saying that's the case - but that's the impression I get from your description.

It's possible that the Apple Store personnel could be similarly confused. I suggest you work on a description of the issue - "When I do ABC, the result is XYZ, which affects using the phone to {whatever}."

You're right mate and I absolutely know that it is a problem 'to be nit-picking on an "Issue" that doesn't actually affect usage of the phone'. And I am really trying to overcome it. I also tried professional help, which didn't basically, help. I am at the Samet time trying to implement Wabi-Sabi in my life, it works to one extent. My possessions are my ONLY obsession in this world, nothing else. But I know that I must cope with it, you are right. I have a happy marriage, a lovely son but I just cannot help myself about this obsession that I have.

BUT...

If they said "Ok, you are using a third party charger blabla and that might happen. Completely normal.", I would leave there content. Because it is enough for me to hear it from a genius bar employee. But I told the process: They clearly lied to me and give me my phone with dust and finger oil in all the rear cameras. Today I also noticed that upper left corner of the screen doesn't properly sticked and popped off slightly. Also there is another dust inside the front camera. And they made me wait for another extra hour, which was completely fine if they provided a proper service.

Do you think it is normal at all?

Last edited:

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
You're right mate and I absolutely know that it is a problem 'to be nit-picking on an "Issue" that doesn't actually affect usage of the phone'. And I am really trying to overcome it. I also tried professional help, which didn't basically, help. I am at the Samet time trying to implement Wabi-Sabi in my life, it works to one extent. My possessions are my ONLY obsession in this world, nothing else. But I know that I must cope with it, you are right. I have a happy marriage, a lovely son but I just cannot help myself about this obsession that I have.

BUT...

If they said "Ok, you are using a third party charger blabla and that might happen. Completely normal.", I would leave there content. Because it is enough for me to hear it from a genius bar employee. But I told the process: They clearly lied to me and give me my phone with dust and finger oil in all the rear cameras. Today I also noticed that upper left corner of the screen doesn't properly sticked and popped off slightly. Also there is another dust inside the front camera. And they made me wait for another extra hour, which was completely fine if they provided a proper service.

Do you think it is normal at all?
Absolutely, the store should have sent you packing on the original “issue that isn’t a problem.” But, they didn’t.

At this point you’ve turned an imaginary issue into what might be a real issue. Congratulations, I guess. You’ll have to work with the store toward a resolution… but I’m afraid I can’t work up much in the way of sympathy.

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2022
The Apple Geeks are not what they used to be in America either. Apple used to be more generous but I think they got tired of being taken advantage of . . . .

dimittar

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2020
Oh boy, I had so many problems with them during the years. I think all the Apple workers there are agency guys with fake CVs. I never had so bad a Shopping experience as Apple Store Regent Street, and I never imagined so toxic people working inside any public shop anywhere in the world. The first-floor workers, including the managers, are the worst at Apple ever.

teohyc

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2007
If you bought the phone within extended exchange return period, you have around 2 months to return.

talcssar

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2023
how often are you taking low quality, zoomed in photos where light can't pass through the lens to actually take a quality photo?

there's nothing wrong with your camera.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.