Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

veyag

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2005
30 August Tuesday - put in an order for over £2000 (which included an iPod and 20" iMac) of goods and was cleared for 10 months interest free credit by MBNA

6 September Tuesday - had heard nothing and in the mean time decided to change some items on the order. Was told that I would have to cancel and begin with a new order and would have to speak to MBNA again. Tried to re-order but got tired of waiting.

7 September Wednesday - decided that I would attempt to re-order. Was successful.

8 September Thursday - received MBNA agreement for my original order that had been cancelled, so tore it up and through it away.

9 September Friday - received MBNA agreement for my second order, signed it and posted. Also contacted the Apple Store to inquire about a confirmation email as I had not received one. Was told that I would get one once finance was agreed.

12 September Monday - received an email, so I assumed all was well and that I might get a delivery by the end of the week.

22 September Thursday - having waited nearly two weeks I telephoned to inquire about my order. Was told that finance had not been agreed. I explained all of the above. Was asked to be patient for 24 hours before canceling as the finance department was not open. The Apple Store would get back to me. I gave my mobile number and it was agreed that a message would be left on my voicemail the next day.

23 September Friday - the next day - heard nothing.

No new iMac. Disappointed and upset. Am I being unreasonable? Do I cancel? :(

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
veyag said:
6 September Tuesday - had heard nothing and in the mean time decided to change some items on the order. Was told that I would have to cancel and begin with a new order and would have to speak to MBNA again. Tried to re-order but got tired of waiting.

Sounds like this was the stumbling block.

I don't think you're being unreasonable as it is frustrating but I wouldn't cancel.

Get back onto Apple and try to sort it out. It'll all be worth it when your shiny iMac arrives!

;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.