Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maratus

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 12, 2009
Canada
Got my iPhone 13 Pro Max battery replaced under AppleCare+, and the technician left a ton of micro scratches on the stainless steel frame by allegedly being careless with prying tools. He also attached his beard (or pube?) hair by the pentalobe screw because the port was lightning and not USB-C. The phone was in like new condition before the visit, since I'm using non-Apple cases that actually protect the phone well (joke, I use Apple Silicone as well and it's awesome)

I'd ask for the phone to be replaced, but I'm not willing to participate in the AMOLED panel lottery again. This particular screen is amazing and I'd rather have scratches than screen non-uniformity. Getting a new phone and replacing the screen with my screen might be an option, but I don't think it's worth it to be honest - there's a chance they'll break the screen after all.

So I'm just going to leave a shout-out to the "genius" at Apple Store Markville. If you want someone competent, go to Yorkdale or Eaton Centre instead I guess :rolleyes:

IMG_5163.JPG

IMG_5162.JPG

IMG_5165.JPG

IMG_5164.JPG

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2017
I would still make a complain though and who knows you might get some Apple gift cards as a compensation.

Reactions: Chuckeee
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.