Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Original poster
Oct 23, 2010
Will these stores be open for business friday with the new mini iPad even though many places are out of power etc?

waltercln

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2010
Trains won't be in service from 34st down so I highly doubt it. You might get lucky at the 5th ave and upper west side stores but I can imagine if they are still selling it, the lines would be ridiculous.

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2011
Those iPads should be diverted elsewhere -- they have enough to worry about right now.

We're not having any storms where I live.

Regards,
Tom
Just doing what I can to help.

jonfarr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2012
Portland
I highly doubt the new iPads are the top priority for many in these affected areas...

Also, if a store doesn't have power, they wont be open...

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Original poster
Oct 23, 2010
Actually, I kept looking and looking and finally found out that some stores are open and some are closed. I think maybe they should divert those iPad minis from the closed stores to the open ones.

Aspasia

macrumors 65816
Actually, I kept looking and looking and finally found out that some stores are open and some are closed. I think maybe they should divert those iPad minis from the closed stores to the open ones.

Given the major power and transportation problems in NY and NJ because of Hurricane Sandy, and the fact that some folks can't even get to work because of all the issues, I don't think diverting iPad shipments is a priority for anyone.

Your sense of entitlement is amazing.

Bokes

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2008
I live on the upper west side.
Apple store in walking distance.
Sure the subways are out- but streets are fine.
Everyone is out and about.
Almost all businesses are open.
Mail/UPS Fed-ex- all were working and making deliveries in my area.

This is NYC and Apple we're talking about.
I see no reason why they will not have them.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Original poster
Oct 23, 2010
Given the major power and transportation problems in NY and NJ because of Hurricane Sandy, and the fact that some folks can't even get to work because of all the issues, I don't think diverting iPad shipments is a priority for anyone.

Your sense of entitlement is amazing.

**** off! I didn't ask wether or not it was a priority...because i already know what the priority is. Save the moral judgement for another forum. This forum is about iPads.

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2010
Apple store at Battery Park Subway Will Be Open!!

Just bring your scuba gear!! ( you have to be tough to survive on this forum!! Just having some fun. Chill)

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Walked by the cube on 5th Avenue yesterday. They had a big sign in the front door that said iPad Mini will be available November 2nd at 8am.... So thats a good place to go and get one.

FlashHead

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2010
Garden State Plaza at route 4 & 17 has power (even thou I don't). I fully expect them to be stocked tomorrow, but I'll waiting at home for delivery.

joeshmo2010

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2009
Seattle, WA
if you go to the apple website, you can search for all the east coast stores and most will tell you if theyre going to be open or not. So far ive seen most of the NYC stores opening at 10am (instead of the 8am launch) and the SoHo and 14th street stores to be remained closed

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.