Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cmaier

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
California
This is a very entertaining complaint.

Attachments

• TXED-2-19-cv-00316-1.pdf
    3.7 MB · Views: 173

cmaier

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
California
I got through six pages of that drivel before I gave up. I don't know if I should feel proud or ashamed....
I can’t believe this isn’t front page news!!

I particularly enjoy his premise that inflation means that the money you have is worth MORE over time.

Reactions: Exponent

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Looks to be typical patent troll crap, where someone sues everyone in the world in the hopes of getting settlements. Seems much ado about nothing to me

cmaier

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
California
Looks to be typical patent troll crap, where someone sues everyone in the world in the hopes of getting settlements. Seems much ado about nothing to me

I read a lot of patent complaints, and this one is particularly fun, and certainly not typical. The plaintiff is pro se (no lawyer), and has included dozens of pages of manifesto unrelated to any claim of patent infringement, alleging some sort of conspiracy (“the Scam”) involving a complete misunderstanding of economics. He sued in venues that the law says he cannot sue in. He sued the CEOs of various companies. He claims to have invented the personal computer (I think. Some of the writing is so confusing that it is impossible to tell what he is claiming).

It’s also notable as (i believe) the first “patent suit” against Apple in ED Texas since Apple closed its stores there.

On the substance side, the patent seems to require a computer with some sort of slot for an accelerator card. I will let you be the judge if the allegations in his “claims constructions” section make the case that any of the accused products have such a thing. (That’s also not what “claim construction” means in patent law, btw).

Reactions: jonblatho
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.