Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ITR 81

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2003
Makes sense why overstock resellers with outdate items when newer ones are coming to replace them in Jan.

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
Well, why would Apple stop shipping, let's say....eMacs.....unless they were to be updated as well. Why would they stop shipping anything?

So does that mean that every single product will be updated at MWSF, and will begin shipping (at the earliest) in February? Either I am misunderstanding something (very, very likely), MacB is completely insane, or this is as good as the second coming. :D

TomSmithMacEd

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2003
Fargo, ND
Well it also doesn't make much sense... What if the resellers ran out of the product.. Then they couldn't order more. I don't understand how the resellers stay open.

x86isslow

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2003
USA
doesnt sound like this is a good year for apple resellers. i seem to recall a few months back a story on apple's reseller policy changing. resellers were unhappy with the terms, as apple keeps moving in on their specialized domains. i wonder how this move will affect holiday sales at apple resellers.

crees!

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2003
MD/VA/DC
Originally posted by ITR 81
Makes sense why overstock resellers with outdate items when newer ones are coming to replace them in Jan.

How are they outdated when they are currently the top-of-the-line machines?

captain kirk

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2003
UK
macbidouille a few months ago said they would no longer be indulging in rumors. Then out of the blue they come out with this????
I think the French have had one too many glasses of red wine. This is complete and utter nonsense. If it were true then apple would have no resellers left.

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
Say what you want about those frenchmen but they allways seem to know a little more about what Apple is doing before anyone else? G5, G5, G5, you all know G5 is coming. i cant think of a better time to do this. slap a bigger monitor on the imac and poof you can get rid of more of the G4 bases. lower the emac to a super low price of 794. i remember when the g3 imac went low i bought one for the wife. next month they introduced Emac. 2004 will be the year of the G5. mark my words. This is Apples anniversery coming up.

pjkelnhofer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2003
Boston
I think everyone is expecting something big to be announced in January. The problem is that no one can say with any certainty what it will be. So personally, I am afraid to buy anything.
I have no money to buy something, but if I did I would wait and buy whatever is announced.
At least, that way for a few weeks I would not have to worried about my computer being outdated.

cubist

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2002
Muncie, Indiana

Au contraire, mon ami! When new products are coming and old ones are still popular, it is le opportunity magnifique to stuff the channel!

This rumor, it lacks the je ne sais quois!

ITR 81

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2003
Originally posted by crees!
How are they outdated when they are currently the top-of-the-line machines?

They are outdated to the resellers because a majority of the consumers no longer are willing to buy because of update that is imminent.

I could actually see the whole Apple lineup getting updates even if it's just something like more ram, different graphics card, processor upgrade.

My Apple Rep friend at CompUSA said Apple has told him to sell out whatever he can sell and hold orders until Jan. because majority of the product line will be changing.

crees!

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2003
MD/VA/DC
They are outdated to the resellers because a majority of the consumers no longer are willing to buy because of update that is imminent.

I would have to say the majority would be the people that visit sites such as this. Which isn't a majority at all. The average consumer would buy what is currently available on the shelf.

My Apple Rep friend at CompUSA said Apple has told him to sell out whatever he can sell and hold orders until Jan. because majority of the product line will be changing.

This reinforces what I stated above. Products sell even before an update occurs. If a majority of consumers knew a newer product would be released very soon your friend at CompUSA wouldn't have a good sales record.

ceriess

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2003
Wowee

That new video ipod is going to be soooo cool. OK, Please don't kill me.:confused:

warcraftmaster

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2003
here
Originally posted by pjkelnhofer
I think everyone is expecting something big to be announced in January. The problem is that no one can say with any certainty what it will be. So personally, I am afraid to buy anything.
I have no money to buy something, but if I did I would wait and buy whatever is announced.
At least, that way for a few weeks I would not have to worried about my computer being outdated.

well am not afraid to buy... ..... apple stock(all i see is up and up and up....). this is how i got my computer when they put the g5 out they where a 12.00 and i sold my stock 24.00 and i got one of there 12" and a g5 at there max(well max on the 12" i didnt think a 19000(can) g5 was the thing to get

Yikes

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2003
I'm waiting to buy because I don't want to get stuck with the first version of a new Apple box that can't really be upgraded much on the processor side -- like I did with my Yikes G4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.