Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Guda.FL

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2015
I guess I will be going with ATT:

Get iPhone 12 Pro from $6.64/mo. over 30 mo.
after trade-in with AT&T.1Get up to $800* in bill credits after eligible trade-in of iPhone 8 or newer.

Adelphos33

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2012
Yep - trade in value for the 11 Pro Max is incredibly disappointing, especially for a phone that can cost up to $1,449 if I remember correctly.

Honestly, buying phones every year is becoming a fools errand regardless of how you finance/purchase them. Buy and keep for a few years

Devyn89

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2012
I expected as much, with the Super Retina display moving across the entire lineup it makes sense that one of the major differenciators for the pro models for the last few years with cause those models to have reduced trade in value.

Guda.FL

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2015
I'm 100% upgrading then. INSANE

I use my Apple Card for all purchases with Apple. But this even with 3% cash back does not make sense with their trade in offer of $500. Although with att its 30 months and not sure how it works if you want to pay off in full later or you need to stay on the 30month plan. however the fine print works.

JWreck

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2016
Yeah Apple trade in seems low. Interesting and wonder if Verizon is doing something similar.

Has anyone used the service Decluttr? They’re offering $710 on the iPhone 11 Pro Max too, in cash.

JWreck

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2016
I'll be using Decluttr this year, currently they are offering $710 for an iPhone 11 Pro Max. Apple's trade in value is too low

Have you ever used them before? I’m intrigued but don’t know how trustworthy they are.

oneteam

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2008
Cincinnati, USA
Have you ever used them before? I’m intrigued but don’t know how trustworthy they are.
Yeah. Twice before.

The first time was quick transaction, I received a check within a few days.

The second time wasn’t as quick, they received my iPhone but they were telling me that they couldn’t locate it in their warehouse. I thought they weren’t gonna pay me but they did. I received a check in like three or four weeks.

I will use them again.

PLin

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2003
My wife and I both have unlocked iPhone 11 Pro 256GB in mint condition. Since Decluttr offers a 28 day price lock, I started the process in early October to maximize trade-in value, assuming that the 12 Pro would be released in time. The price they offered for a phone in good condition was over $700 after adding a 10% promo code. I sent mine in first, since I have a spare iPhone that I could use in the meantime while waiting for the 12 Pro. Decluttr gave me exactly what I was quoted and sent it to my PayPal account within a day of receiving it. I sent my wife's phone in about a week later, and it arrived on day 26. Decluttr claims that their diagnostics revealed that there's something wrong with the True Depth camera and revised the trade-in price to a measly $100. Luckily, there was an option to return the device. I'm hoping it's still in mint condition and will test the camera myself, but I don't see how it could be broken, since Face ID was working just fine for my wife. If everything checks out, then I will chalk it up to Decluttr not willing to honor the price lock.

ShadowGuardian87

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2020
Virginia
Yea the apple store trade in this year is lower. It's pretty bad that the 11 pro max is only getting 500 while last year, the XS Max got 600. Apple's deal won't be that bad for me (IF and it's a big IF) i upgraded to the 12 pro max. I traded in my iPhone XS last year and got 500 off the price of my 256 GB 11 pro max, so I only had to pay like 700 for the phone. So trading it in this year would only be a 200 dollar lost.

johannnn

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2009
Sweden
Yep - trade in value for the 11 Pro Max is incredibly disappointing, especially for a phone that can cost up to $1,449 if I remember correctly.

Honestly, buying phones every year is becoming a fools errand regardless of how you finance/purchase them. Buy and keep for a few years
You realize there are other places to sell a phone? Facebook markets? eBay?

You can get much more than what Apple offers. It’s only a fools errand if you’re not doing your homework.

Reactions: Never mind
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.