Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kkrapul

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2010
I just bought and apple tv 2 on 4.1, should I upgrade to 5.0.2, or should I stay on 4.1, my idea is jailbreak it and install XMBC

Thank you!!!

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
Stay on 4.1, if you come to 5.0.2 say goodbye to Cydia.

I know if you upgrade to 5.0.2 and jailbreak it, you can add XBMC to it.

As for me, I haven't looked into it yet, been to busy. I don't know much about XBMC but I really want Plex back on my ATV2, and I haven't seen anywhere on how to install it.

kkrapul

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2010
So I won't be able to run XBMC?...
Should I use Seasonpass?

Thank you!!!

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
So I won't be able to run XBMC?...
Should I use Seasonpass?

Thank you!!!

Yes use seas0npass.

Correction on my post above!

I have 5.0.2 installed, and I installed aTV Black from FireCore, and I now have everything they offer and just found out I can install Plex, XMBC, NitoTV via their program as well!

But I turned on my ATV2 and it asked if I want to update. I haven't yet, but don't know if you can now install 5.0.2.

pbizzle

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2012
im pulling my hair out trying to jailbreak my 4.2.1 aTV2, greenpoison keeps failing on me, despite following iclarified's directions to the letter

your advice is confusing!! can you clarify a bit more?

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
im pulling my hair out trying to jailbreak my 4.2.1 aTV2, greenpoison keeps failing on me, despite following iclarified's directions to the letter

your advice is confusing!! can you clarify a bit more?

Connect ATV2 to computer, put it into DFU mode, start up seas0npass, and create IPSW and it does the rest.

What are you thanking him for?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.