Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

loon3y

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2011
I've been trying to jailbreak my apple TV 2 through Seas0nPass.

the problem i have is that my appleTV doesn't turn on when i plug it to my 13"macbook pro through micro USB.

can anyone help? i've used every micro usb in my house and it seems it doesn't work.

i heard i need to get a charging + data micro usb? i've heard that blackberry charging micro usb works.

macbookman83

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2011
New York
wall plug

I've been trying to jailbreak my apple TV 2 through Seas0nPass.

the problem i have is that my appleTV doesn't turn on when i plug it to my 13"macbook pro through micro USB.

can anyone help? i've used every micro usb in my house and it seems it doesn't work.

i heard i need to get a charging + data micro usb? i've heard that blackberry charging micro usb works.

In addition to using the micro usb, you also have to have the apple tv plugged into a wall outlet.

loon3y

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2011
In addition to using the micro usb, you also have to have the apple tv plugged into a wall outlet.

really? the instructions specifically say NOT to have the appleTV2 plugged in to the wall.

like the flashing light is supposed to still be flashing with just the connection from apple tv to macbook via mico-usb.

and of course i did it with the power plugged in, it just get stuck at

"iTunes script successful" with a process bar that just stays there and the "done" button is grayed out.

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA

NO, that is incorrect, Jailbreak will failed if you have it plug.

Either your USB cable is bad, or your USB power is bad.

Use another USB port, another computer or another cable if possible.

Note that the ATV won't turn on, but the Computer and iTunes will be able to see it connected.

loon3y

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2011
oh lol, sorry i have the 3rd generation , thought i had the 2nd.

i guess i have to wait till they JB that

vanillaxxgorill

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2012
i cant figure out apple tv jailbreak micro usb wont work either

hi bought an apple tv2 one week ago and can't get the new micro usb to turn on my light once ispw is ready to sync up any solutions how do i know what gen my apple tv is ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.