Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

knemonic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 14, 2009
Hi,

Curious if anyone knows if after jailbreaking my ATV2, is there a way, maybe threw Cydia, to add 4:3 resolutions?

I have my seas0npass jailbroken ATV2 hooked up to a DVI monitor with an HDMI to DVI adapter which works, but the monitor is 4:3 (1024x768), so the resolution is stretched vertically (or squished horizontally, how ever you see it).

I thought through jailbreaking I could add additional non-16:9 resolutions, or maybe change the aspect ration.

The monitor does not support modes like a TV does for fixing aspect ratios.

Thanks!

Obsidian-X

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2013
Sorry I don't have an answer for you, but I am very interested in knowing the answer myself.

This supposed fix is the closest thing I've found for an answer, but it looks like a pretty manual (code involved) process by the looks of it. I was going to try it out anyway, but the link at the bottom of that page, to displayutil is broken :^( I'm highly interested in finding a solution to this problem that does not involve jailbreaking my iPad. I've been using it to stream Keynote presentations, and it's pretty terrible when the output comes out all squished.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.