Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

guychicago

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 25, 2010
Chicago
I'm running an ATv 2 on version 5.0.2 jailbroken via Season pass. What version can the software be updated to keep the untethered jailbreak? Isn't the new p0sixspwn compatible with ATv2?

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
as far as i'm aware, the p0sixspwn untether works for the apple tv 2 but the package still needs to be made

TheSlimOne

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2010
Unless you are able to update to 5.3 which you can't unless you have the SHSH blobs for that it isn't going to do any good. The latest software for the ATV is 6.0.2 which NitoTV has said he can't get to work so far. Its best to stay where you are at for now.

MacTCE

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2013
Raleigh NC
I'm running an ATv 2 on version 5.0.2 jailbroken via Season pass. What version can the software be updated to keep the untethered jailbreak? Isn't the new p0sixspwn compatible with ATv2?

I usually don't upgrade anything unless there's some missing features I want/need. If that's not the case you're better off just staying where you are.

guychicago

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 25, 2010
Chicago
I usually don't upgrade anything unless there's some missing features I want/need. If that's not the case you're better off just staying where you are.

I was looking to install some of the new apps like Vevo etc. can I get those while still staying at 5.0.2?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.