Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacinMan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2011
Denham Springs, LA
Hey all,
I wanted to start this thread because I haven't been able to find any real feedback on this particular problem.
As the title says it, I have had a strange issue (only with the 2nd Gen Apple TV 4K) when switching between apps. When video previews are enabled on the home screen for the top shelf and mainly Apple TV, when entering the app switcher , the UI will stutter and freeze, however, the ATV itself isn't frozen as the navigation clicks still play, but the UI is frozen so things don't update on the screen. If I turn off the video previews, and say view posters, or another view this doesn't happen. As I've mentioned as well, this ONLY happens on the 2nd Gen, my Apple TV, HD, 4k 1st Gen, and my new 3rd Gen, don't have this issue. It's possible I got a defective 2nd Gen, but since the issue goes away by changing a setting, I want to say it's a combination of software / hardware on this particular model, as once again, it only happens on this ONE model. My other apple TVs work without issues with the default home screen view options.

I would like to find out if anyone else has experienced this, and if so, if it was a bad unit, or just a fault of the particular model. I can't do anything as repairs, or exchange since I've had the 2nd gen for over a year, and hence why I got the third generation.

Thanks for any feedback, have a great day!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.