Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sjtidy

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2011
I've been using iFlicks to tag and add all my media in iTunes, but I've found an odd glitch relating to TV shows. Say the season has 6 episodes and a Christmas special - generally iFlicks finds the 6 episodes, so I manually add the special as episode 7.

iTunes will display the season with episodes 1-7, but the Apple TV always shows 1-6, with episode 7 in the main list for the seasons.

I've been trying to research this and all I've found is a load of issues from way back, apparently Apple updated iTunes and that fixed it. I've checked the metadata in iTunes and apparently everything is fine - as I said, iTunes displays them correctly so it seems to be an issue with the Apple TV.

Anybody got any ideas as to why this is?

EDIT: After checking the metadata with an app called MetaZ, I discovered that there was one field that iTunes doesn't display. I've edited that and both iTunes and Apple TV are showing all the episodes in the right order.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.