Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrSLML

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 21, 2018
Hi, I hope that I'm in the right forum, but it seems that this is the only one discussion forum for the jailbreaking topic. My ATV 4 is jailbroken with tvOS 14.2 with the Checkra1n Jailbreak. It works fine and my main use for the JB is to prevent the ATV from showing me the unnecessary update notification (I don't want to update!) and even making an OS update by accident.

Now I also got a new ATV HD for a colleague. It came with tvOS 15.2 and the new Siri Remote. Since tvOS 13.4.8 is still signed, a downgrad and JB with Checkra1n was no problem. But it turned out that the new Siri Remote does not work with tvOS 13 and it could no longer be paired with the ATV! It seems the new remote requires at least tvOS 14.x. Unfortunately, this is no longer signed. And Checkra1n doesn't seem to work with tvOS 15 either. (Why actually? Thought that it's a hardware JB and OS independent...) Now I'm a bit stumped. I don't like it when the ATV is subjected to Apple's update compulsion (with the forced changing of the GUI and the functional behavior). Will there be a JB for tvOS 15.5.x in the foreseeable future? Or is it possible to downgrade the ATV without blobs? Or make the new Siri Remote working under tvOS 13.x? I would even prefer a downgade because I don't really like tvOS 15 anyway. I would greatly appreciate some help on this matter! Thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.