Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

radioking

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012
”Open Netflix” is still fixing ATV 4 remotes 2 years later. I tried everything, and that did the trick. Thanks!

AmplifiedLife

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2010
MPLStP
We just solved this.

Found a post that claimed that - get this - just using Siri to for instance 'Open Netflix' solved the lagging problem on the remote. We saw this here : https://www.cultofmac.com/407770/how-i-quickly-fixed-a-weird-siri-remote-problem/

No idea but it worked for us instantly. ATV 4 . Siri remote was lagging, etc.

usually this happens when I fall asleep on top of the remote... what I assume happens is that the remote touch surface gets pressed, constantly for a few hours under my body weight, & that causes issues in the morning when I go to use it. re-pairing always fixed it in the past.

so I tried “unpairing/re-pairing” using menu + volume up for a few seconds (per Apple support page). but that did not work this time. hmmm...

found this advice above, and immediately after using Siri to open an app, the remote started working normally again. also fwiw, the battery level in settings said it was 98% before I used Siri, but after it now says 100%. super weird. yet super grateful for solution. Thanks!

pelleinca

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2020
The lag on the remote is super annoying. Replaced the HDMI cable and it is much better now. Worth a try.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.