Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 29, 2009
Recently, I've found that the surround speakers wirelessly connected to my Bose Soundbar 700 always disconnected when I was streaming videos on my Apple TV (connected to an LG C1 TV via HDMI), basically turning my wireless 5.1 set up back to 2.1. The bass module originally connected also wirelessly to the Soundbar, often produced crackling sound which Bose support indicated that was due to interference. Nevertheless, due to the close proximity I connected the Soundbar and the Bass Module together with a 3.5mm audio cable and resolved the issue. But the surround speakers still disconnected.

Initially, I thought that it was the problem of my Soundbar and I tried to relocate the receivers, updated the firmware, etc. the problem persisted.

After some days, I discovered that when I streamed from my LG TV itself, the surround speakers never disconnected and I could enjoy smooth surround sound. When I switched back to the Apple TV, the moment that the Apple TV started to download anything the surround speakers would disconnect immediately.

I did a lot of Google searches, some suggested it was due to the interference from the HDMI cable, but the problem persisted after I changed to a certified HDMI 2.1 cable from Anker. I also tried to place the Apple TV 4K to another location further away from the Soundbar, but the problem still persisted.

Sadly, I have to remove the Apple TV 4K (2021) from my home theatre set up.

Anyone has similar issues with their Apple TV 4K and wireless speakers?

Update: the situation is resolved now. I tried very hard to reallocate the Apple TV back and forth and suddenly the interference is gone. I don’t even know what caused it and how did i solve it.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.