Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

frydrych

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2010
Sweden
Hi

I have some issues with my Sonos arc not outputting audio from all apps but I think that I just can’t select the right audio output on Apple TV. The only option I have in audio output is TV Speakers (HDMI).

what option am I looking for?

edit: ok I found out that I appear to be missing Apple TV as output device. Any fixes for bringing that back? :)

thanks in advance!

Last edited:

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
You do want TV speakers (HDMI), The TV will pass the audio to the Arc.
(In your TV you will configure the arc as it's speakers, so the Arc is really the TV's speakers)

The aTV can't be an audio output device, it has no built in speakers:)

what kind of TV do you have?
it's more than likely a setting in the TV that's not passing something correctly.

what apps are missing audio, that can help us narrow it down.
is it everything in those apps, or only certain titles.

is it only things that should be atmos that are not working?
or are the other things?

frydrych

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2010
Sweden
Thanks for replying! I have set the audio device in the tv to receiver. But the strange thing is that some apps works as intended in Apple TV. Like netflix and Disney+ and other doesn’t output any sound at all.

I live in Sweden and have a public tv app called SVT Play, the video is there but not audio. There are a few other apps like that. Also, when choosing the soundbar as airplay device the audio is there, so this narrows it down to the tv I guess, which is a Samsung UE55KS8005 if that matters.

TV doesnt have atmos so that’s not the issue.

thanks for helping.

frydrych

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2010
Sweden
Oops, guess it was a tv setting after all. Switched HDMI sound format to PCM instead of bitstream and it worked. :)

Reactions: waw74
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.