Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RMartijnR

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2006
NL
With tvOS 11 and Xcode 9 it will be possible to connect using WiFi or Ethernet.
The Apple TV has to be paired first using the Devices window in Xcode and the 'Remote App and Devices' screen on the Apple TV.
If you have access to the WWDC17 videos look up session 404 'Debugging with Xcode 9'.

Diemenz

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2015
This is very hit and miss. iPhone and iPad work flawlessly but I’m 1 for 3 on Apple TVs. My 4K works just fine but both of my Apple TV 4s will not connect to wireless debugging and give me the “device could not connect to developer mode please reboot device and reconnect”. This message shows when connected with the USB-c cable. Oddly enough all functions still work, I can push apps, debug and swap containers even though I’m getting the could not connect message. Losing wireless debugging is a frustration so if anyone knows a fix I’d be extremely grateful.

ersan191

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2013
My ATV's all work fine debugging over the network - could be network related?

Diemenz

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2015
The network option is greyed out for me, don’t even have an option to click on on the Apple TV4, the 4K the option is there. Cant figure it out.

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
through Xcode. ive used it for kodi and popcorn time just fine also emulators and safari. Works really good and fast.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.