Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Martyimac

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
S. AZ.
My Apple TV 4K, original, keeps loosing the wifi password. Sometime I can share it from my iPhone, sometimes I have to reenter it in the Apple TV settings.

Any help would be appreciated.

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
other than a factory reset, not sure

what's your network like? anything out of the usual?
trying to figure out an outside reason it might be happening.

sublunar

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2007
My Apple TV 4K, original, keeps loosing the wifi password. Sometime I can share it from my iPhone, sometimes I have to reenter it in the Apple TV settings.

Any help would be appreciated.
This has occasionally happened to me on other devices, is the operating system up to date on the iPhone and appletv? Could also try logging out and back into iCloud and maybe also deleting the WiFi settings on all devices and re entering.

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Not sure if it is a network problem with your unit. I have the 1st and 2nd Gen 4k ATV and no issues with either unit so far. I got the 1st Gen about a week after it was released.

Martyimac

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
S. AZ.
This has occasionally happened to me on other devices, is the operating system up to date on the iPhone and appletv? Could also try logging out and back into iCloud and maybe also deleting the WiFi settings on all devices and re entering.
other than a factory reset, not sure

what's your network like? anything out of the usual?
trying to figure out an outside reason it might be happening.
All my devices are running the latest release. Eero router is on the latest release. My money is on the apple TV since no other devices, 15+, on my wifi have issues with this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.