Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

schataut

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2010
Apple TV 4K YouTube app does not show all my uploaded content under "Your Videos." I do see some videos, but not all. However, all videos are visible when viewed from a computer or iPhone. This used to work about a month ago, so I'm not sure if the most recent update has some issues (assuming something changed). I've restored Apple TV and reinstalled the app, but the problem persists. Any help / suggestions would be appreciated.

NoWindowsNoCry

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2022
I have the same exact issue on 2 different Apple TV 4K devices on two different TVs. But here's the thing:
  1. Logged in as my main gmail account and choosing the main Channel: I don't see any of my uploaded videos.
  2. Logged in as my main gmail account and choosing another Channel: I see my uploaded videos in that channel.
  3. Logged in as another gmail account and choosing the main Channel: I see my uploaded videos in that channel.
Note that I have a lot of videos in the first scenario and just a few in scenario 2 and 3.

It goes without saying that I've uninstalled/reinstalled, reset, etc. to no avail. And, the issue is isolated to Apple TV only. No issue on chromecast, roku, iphone, or browser.

Reactions: Stayntru

Charles C

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2022
Any updates with this? Same problem here… I have reinstalled the app but this issue is still isolated to youtube on my up-to-date 4K AppleTV. My uploaded content shows up on iphone & ipad youtube app and in a browser. the youtube app for appletv has always been a pain.

NoWindowsNoCry

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2022
I’m just curious. How many videos would you say you have in your uploaded videos? I have well over 100. In 2 unrelated channels with just a couple of videos, I have no issues on Apple TV. So I’m tying to determine if the video count is a factor.

Charles C

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2022
I’m just curious. How many videos would you say you have in your uploaded videos? I have well over 100. In 2 unrelated channels with just a couple of videos, I have no issues on Apple TV. So I’m tying to determine if the video count is a factor.
I have 38 video’s uploaded.

Stayntru

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2022
Having same issue here. About a month ago it updated and changed. Have reset everything and still a bug. Have reported it at YouTube. Don’t think it’s apple related. Found a work around anyways. Just go to all your uploaded videos and like them then they’ll appear in your liked folder. Kind of a pain since I have almost 500 videos but whatever.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.