Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

princealfie

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 7, 2006
Salt Lake City UT
I think that most people miss the point of Apple TV. A lot of naysayer tech head nerds condemn the Apple TV as being a crippled Mac Mini. But they are completely different products!

In fact, I would tend to compare the Apple TV more to the Wii. Both machines are geared to a broader audience than the more specialized people who will use the computer or the fancy schmaltzy PS3.

Winning points by far for me.

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
there is no denial its easy, only problem is its functions are kinda too limited and not that useful if u really think about it. (I would love it if it accept all formats of videos and not limited to itunes and with a price tag of <$100.)

I would never consider this stuff as a mac mini in any form, way too different, and I agree ppl should stop expecting any gadgets from apple as a "computer in some form", its crazy to think so all the time.

NicP

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2005
It would be great if either the wii or the appleTV could play DVDs, then an appleTV a wii and a nice LCD/plasma would make a simple but effective entertainment center.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.