Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

patent10021

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 23, 2004
I dragged 4 home videos in the macOS Apple TV app just like I used to do with the older iTunes app.

I figured they would just sync to iCloud therefore show up in the iOS app automatically but they don't. There is no cloud icon like there is in Apple Music where I can view its cloud status either.

I don't have a problem with putting them in the Apple Music app as music videos but they are over 5 hours long therefore not eligible for Apple Music/iCloud syncing.

Any advice?

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
Apple Music has a service that you can upload your own contents to the cloud, likewise for iCloud Drive. It there’s no such a service for TV.

patent10021

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 23, 2004
you mean iCloud Drive?

If I have 50 home videos that I want to make an ordered playlist with and access via cloud how can I do this?

I guess I could just make them iCloud Photos videos but it is not possible to make ordered playlists and view the playlists index on iPhone or Mac.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
you mean iCloud Drive?

If I have 50 home videos that I want to make an ordered playlist with and access via cloud how can I do this?

I guess I could just make them iCloud Photos videos but it is not possible to make ordered playlists and view the playlists index on iPhone or Mac.

You can’t make a playlists for video. The usual way is uploading your video to iCloud Drive. Create its own folder and naming the file as such. Forget about playlists.
Or you can upload to Photo. It will also automatically sync to the cloud and you can access them. You can make an album(s) for them for easier access.
You can also install app like Air Video HD that will create a server on your Mac that let you access your videos while away. It’s free but still no playlists. And unlike iCloud Drive and Photo, your Mac needs to be on all the time.
Or you could try Plex but that will cost you.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.