Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crees!

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 14, 2003
MD/VA/DC
I haven’t nailed it down but my app icons on the Apple TV always end up having their positions reset. I move the apps where I want them and at some point they reset to where they originally were. It doesn’t appear tied to restarting or software updates.

Does anyone else experience this or know how to fix this issue if possible?

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2014
I wonder if this has to do with a glitch of One Home.

I cannot use One Home because if totally screws up any Apple TV when I turn it on.

One Home should have a "reset" and like a locked ATV, one that is like a key for all the other ones.

Although, it seems like not too many other have issues with One Home, so I doubt Apple will fix whatever is happening with mine any time soon.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
I currently have 4 AppleTVs (1 ATV-HD and 3 ATV4K, 2 and 3 gen)... with One Home Screen activated on all 4 devices... I have not had an incident where any icon placement happened or ant icon movement without me personally re-arranging them to my liking.

crees!

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 14, 2003
MD/VA/DC
I wonder if this has to do with a glitch of One Home.

I cannot use One Home because if totally screws up any Apple TV when I turn it on.

One Home should have a "reset" and like a locked ATV, one that is like a key for all the other ones.

Although, it seems like not too many other have issues with One Home, so I doubt Apple will fix whatever is happening with mine any time soon.
What do you mean, “One Home”?

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
I’ve never heard of this. Is this a 3rd party app?

I only have 1 Apple TV

Nope… it’s baked into tvOS. Settings/Users and Accounts/userid/ I think (doing it from memory) but the whole thing is moot without more than one Apple TV device.

Reactions: crees!

crees!

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 14, 2003
MD/VA/DC
Nope… it’s baked into tvOS. Settings/Users and Accounts/userid/ I think (doing it from memory) but the whole thing is moot without more than one Apple TV device.

It was turned on for me so I switched it off. If the app icons reset I’ll post back here.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.