Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WingsAndBeer

Cancelled
Original poster
May 24, 2019
Stumbled across the news on Slickdeals, figured I would share:

Apparently MoviesAnywhere purchases can transfer to the Apple TV app based on a comment I read.

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I have a 65" Roku TV and loaded the app. When I play a 4k movie, the HDR logo pops up when the movie starts which is nice to know. Unfortunately, my LG OLED is too old to get the app.

Unfortunately, movies from Paramount, Lionsgate, and MGM will not migrate from Movies Anywhere to a USA iTunes account.

stuuke

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2004
I keep getting "This video isn't available to watch. Wait a moment, then try again." on all of my library titles.

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I have a USA, UK, and Canada iTunes Apple ID on my Roku TV app. I am able to switch IDs and have my library switch and play movies.

Are people having issues with the Roku stick or app on a Roku TV?

Last edited:

stuuke

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2004
I have the Roku Streaming Stick+. I checked to make sure the Roku software is up to date and also deleted and reinstalled the Apple Tv app. So far no luck. I'm on hold waiting for Apple tech support. Weird that it seems to be working for some people.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.