Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
On my Apple TV, opening the Apple TV app I now get a spinny icon, and it takes a while to open. Once open it’s fine but it does this every time now.

All up to date, internet is fine, all other apps open straight away but this take a while.

This only seems to have happened recently, is it just mine? I’ve restarted the Apple TV but just the same.

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Which model of the AppleTV has the issue?

I have a 1st and 2nd Gen 32 GB 4k running official 17.2 and both boxes open the AppleTV+ app quickly. Both are connected via WiFi only.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Apple TV HD. A while more than a minute? Grey screen with spinny icon. I’ve quit the Apple TV app, restarted it.

It’s connected via WiFi. Has good speeds, all other apps open and stream fine

stocklen

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2013
I have the latest AppleTV box, and I too have experienced a grey screen delay when opening the TV app.

Not nearly enough to really get upset over - id say 5 seconds or so - and it doesnt do it every time just once in a while.

So... even the current model of AppleTV does so.

It's almost certainly down to 17.2 as it never did this before. Hopefully 7.3 is imminent and will solve whatever the problem is.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Can’t remember how long it’s been doing it for, probably recent, and I have auto updates on so it may be the latest iOS that did it.

Also scrolling to the Apple TV icon used to get a preview, I now just get a grey with Apple logo bit, scrolling to Netflix shows recent programs for example.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.