Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swandy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2012
I guess I'm the lucky one... I have both S4 and S6 watches and my wife has an S6 and the AppleTV 4K box I'm using it with senses them all and the connection button has worked reliably for all 3 watches every time so far.
Hi. I have a question. You yourself have two Apple Watches. (I also do, though both S5). When you switch between your two watches (NOT your wife's watch) does the Apple TV app differentiate between the courses completed on the two Watches or does it realize that both watches are connected to the same Apple ID and show the same progress? This has been driving me nuts. Thanks.

canyonblue737

macrumors 68020
Jan 10, 2005
Hi. I have a question. You yourself have two Apple Watches. (I also do, though both S5). When you switch between your two watches (NOT your wife's watch) does the Apple TV app differentiate between the courses completed on the two Watches or does it realize that both watches are connected to the same Apple ID and show the same progress? This has been driving me nuts. Thanks.
UPDATED: ah i misread your question at first... the watches can be used interchangeably and it knows i am the same person for my apple health and fitness app records but i haven't noticed if the apple fitness+ course list changes depending on the watch, i have only used my S4 for 1 or 2 workouts, i used my S6 for the vast majority so i wasn't looking for it. i'll have to check.

Last edited:

DHA

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2014
On with apple support now. Asking me to repeat pretty much everything I have done before, suggesting phone support with the apple TV team......

handsomekilla

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2017
I've been wrestling with this same problem for weeks. One detail about my case is that the Apple Watch SE is a Family Setup device. Throughout the many hours of troubleshooting with Apple, every tech agent insisted that should not be a problem.

I was told in mid-January that this "Pairing Canceled" behavior was a known bug and would be fixed in the next release of watchOS. When that came out last week along with updates for Apple TV and iOS, I updated everything. That did not solve the issue.

Ultimately I decided to get an old iPhone and set up the Apple Watch again as a "normal" device, not a Family Setup device. This way the Watch and the iPhone are both signed into the same Apple ID. That fixed the problem right away.

HTH

MacPoulet

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2012
Canada
This just happened to me today. Tried to do a workout and got "Pairing Cancelled." The Fitness+ app works off the iPhone, so it seems to be an Apple TV issue.

Daventry

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2011
I've had pairing issues multiple times during my 3-months trial. This is for just one user.

Today it did pair upon opening the Fitness+ app on the Apple TV, then it got stuck when starting a workout. Killed the app, re-opened and was asked to pair again. Now it won't pair anymore...

My trial was about to expire anyway so I've decided to cancel it now.

markeknows

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2009
I’ve restarted everything but can’t pair to apple tv fitness anymore. Infuriating as it worked so well before. No idea what triggered this

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.