Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fames

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2019
Hi, recently got a ps4 Pro.
Connected to my tv via HDMI.
Now, i use CEC to turn on my tv with my apple tv. But when i change the input to my ps4. It only allows me to use it for like 5 min. Before it automatically switches back to the apple tv. So i have to unplug it every time i use my apple tv 4K.

Tv is a Philips 65”

Any Way to fix this, without turning off cec?

simplynando

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2016
Las Vegas, Nevada
Is anything touching the remote when you have the PS4 on?

My TV is setup the same way. I'll be using the PS4 and my dog will come and touch the Apple TV remote and it'll automatically switch back to the AppleTV because it recognized the input. He usually does it when I'm in the middle of a game. lol. I can't even use the Apple TV to control the sound bar volume either, otherwise it'll turn switch back to the Apple TV input.

Fames

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2019
Is anything touching the remote when you have the PS4 on?

My TV is setup the same way. I'll be using the PS4 and my dog will come and touch the Apple TV remote and it'll automatically switch back to the AppleTV because it recognized the input. He usually does it when I'm in the middle of a game. lol. I can't even use the Apple TV to control the sound bar volume either, otherwise it'll turn switch back to the Apple TV input.

Nothing is touching it, even tried to move the AT remote out of range for a while
[doublepost=1549413339][/doublepost]Its like the apple tv just randomly sends cec requests to the tv once in a while

Casey Royals

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
I'm not a fan of CEC! If i press my Apple TV remote, the Apple TV will start, so will the TV and the AV Receiver, the Apple TV will appear on the screen but then it switches to TV and i have to click the Apple TV Remote a half dozen times before it switches back to the Apple TV. If I have my Oppo BD Player on CEC it sends it signals every minute or so taking over from the Apple TV so i have to keep CEC turned off on the Oppo :-(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.